Chapter 6

Marinette's POV

I opened my trapdoor and let Chat in. He bounded in and I sat on my bed. He sat across from me and looked relieved. "Princess?" "What brings you here, Chat?" " Well, you were missing for 3 days and a girl named Alya-" "Alya! Shit." I grabbed my phone that was plugged into the charger and looked at it. I saw 416 texts and 327 calls from Adrien. 224 calls and 265 texts from Nino. My eyes nearly ruptured from their sockets when, I looked at Alya. 693 texts and 598 calls. 

I dialed her number and called her. She answered on the fourth ring with a groan and a tried 'Hello?'. "That is not greeting is it, Alya?" She screeched and shouted into the phone. "Mari! Where were you! You were missing for 3 days! I was in the hospital overnight because of the akuma attack and I was trying to film and got hit by some lightning. As soon, as I was out of the hospital, I called you like a million times. Adrien and Nino were super worried too!" 

I shook my head. "Ladybug rescued me from getting crushed by a boulder that was going to crash into my bedroom. Se never came back so, I tried to find my way home and got lost. I actually just got home and my phone was dead so, I didn't see any of the calls or texts that you guys sent." " I love you, Marinette. You are an amazing, girl. I gots to go to sleep so, I don't get my phone taken away. Good night." "Good night Als." 

She hung up and I faced Chat. "Why did you come? Not trying to be rude just curious." " Well, I was on patrol looking for you and seeing if there were any akumas and I heard crying coming from this direction so, I went to check it out and I saw you on your bed crying so..." I nodded and smiled. 

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. " Marinette, what's wrong?" "Nothing. Why?" A lot of things were going wrong. I get beat by my parents. I get bullied and shoved around at school and I just escaped a hospital that I was in for 3 days. Yeah, I am just peachy. "Your smile is fake. What is wrong?" 

And with that I crumbled and collapsed in his arms crying... again. " I h-hate it, C-chat! M-make them s-stop! They d-do it e-ev-everyday." He rubbed my back and hugged me. I clung to him and cried in his chest. "It's okay, Princess. I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you." I looked at Chat and he wiped my tears with his thumb. 

"Promise?" "I promise, Princess." He hugged me and I heard my parents call me from downstairs. I pulled away and climbed down my ladder. 

What do they want now?