Chapter 16

A/N: So, this is where Adrien comes home and his father tells him the stuff. 

Adrien's POV

I walked to my house and opened the door. My father said he needed me to come home urgently. I knocked on the door to my father's office and there was a faint 'come in'. I opened the door and saw Nathalie glaring at my father and Lila Rossi standing at my father's desk. "Ah, Adrien. Come over." I walked over and stood a bit behind Lila. "Come forward, Adrien." I stepped next to Lila but, scooted away when I felt her touch my hand. 

My father cleared his throat. "Adrien, I have a special request of you. I need you to do a photoshoot with Lila. It will be romance themed. Now, I-" "Really, Mr. Agreste! I get to do a shoot with Adrien!!! But, I can't! I have this bruise-" "Nonsense. The make up artist can  cover it up. I knew you were the right choice anyway. Most women would never reject the offer so, you are a special young lady." Lila nodded and moved closer to me. I stared at my father and then, looked at Lila and then, my father again. 

He wants me to do what with Lila? "And Adrien, another thing I will need you to do with Miss Lila. My annual gala is coming up and the Mayors' ball are both coming up. I need you to  attend and take Lila with you to both events." "Thank you SO much, Mr. Agreste! I can't wait. Can you Adrien?" Yes I can wait. "Just wondering, when is the photoshoot?" "4 days." I nodded. 

I am finished working with Marinette at the bakery in 2 days so, that is fine but, who I am doing to shoot with is  not okay. "The date is fine but, uh, can I do the photoshoot with someone else, please? And to the events?" My father frowned. "Why?" "Cause' me and Lila just don't go together." My dad sighed. "Adrien. This isn't up for-" "Yes it IS! I am not doing it with Lila. And I don't care what you say. Lock me in my room for a month if you want but, I will still find a way out of this house." I glared at my dad and strode (A/N: means like stride.) out of the room.  

I was almost to the stairway when, I felt someone grabbed my hand. "Adrien. Please do the photoshoot with me. Please. I think we go together perfectly. The photographer already likes me and he might even like the idea of us together. Plus, I might be able to kiss-" I yanked my hand out of hers and glared at her. "No. You like me for my status. You brainwashed my father with your lies. You are just like my other fans. You only like me for money and fame." She stood up straight and smirked. 

"Hey. The model isn't so dense. Your right. But, who are you going to take. Nobody else is up to your dad's standards plus, I am already well known and I am perfect for you and you have high standards." I glared at her. "I am going to take Marinette." She raised an eyebrow. "Her? I already told your dad about her and as far as to what he thinks about her, he thinks she is just using you. You should thank me, really." She looked at her nails and I stared at her. 

"I don't care what my father thinks of Marinette, I am taking her and not you and she will be going to the photoshoot with me. Now, I have to talk to my father." I strode past her and to my father's office. "Father?" He looked up. "Adrien. Did Lila talk some sense into you?" I raised an eyebrow. "No. She made me not want to go with her even more. Anyway, I found someone to replace Lila." He sat up straight. "Who?" "Marinette Dupain-Cheng." He stood up. "Her? Adrien-" I cut him off. 

"No. I am going with her. What makes you think she isn't suitable?" I really needed to know what he thought of her. My girlfriend. "She is a despicable person, Adrien. Who lies about being friends with Ladybug? She pushed Lila down the stairs, stole her necklace, got Lila expelled from school with her lies, bullies her for no reason and is using you to promote her clothes. She is a gold digging harlot using you to get  a toe in the fashion world." I stared at him trying to keep myself from bashing his head into the ground. 

I regained my composure and glared at him. "Well, if that is what you think of her. She will be coming over on Wednesday evening for dinner, the night before the photoshoot day and you can see what she is really like." I turned around and walked out of the room. 

I walked straight to my room and closed the door. I let Plagg fly around and I sighed. I have to tell Marinette. Hopefully that Wednesday night dinner will convince my dad. "Hey Kid. You going to see your Princess or what." I smirked at him. "You like her?" He looked startled by that question. "N-no. I just want to see Tikki." I nodded. "Plagg Claws out!" I transformed an jumped out of my window and made my way to Mari's house.