Chapter 15

A/N: I am going to try and make longer chapters for the rest of the book. I am trying to keep myself motivated to finish it. I have very little self confidence. 

Adrien's POV

Me and Mari were finishing up explaining how we got together during the lunch break. "So, then I ended up confessing my feelings for him and then, he confessed to me and asked me to be his girlfriend." We did leave out the parts about us being Ladybug and Chat Noir though. Alya nodded and didn't question us any further. Except for the question, Marinette was hoping wouldn't ask. 

"Do you and Marinette's parent know about you guys?" I saw  Marinette stiffen and I shook my head. "Me and my father aren't on good terms so, he doesn't know and I don't intend to tell him anytime soon." Alya nodded understanding and looked at Mari. "Marinette? What about yours?" I grabbed her hand and intertwined her fingers with mine. 

She relaxed a little bit and took a deep breath. "I can't tell them, Alya." She was hoping she wouldn't have to tell them directly and that Alya and Nino could figure it out by themselves. That did not happen. "Why can't you tell them, Mari?" Marinette stayed silent. "Marinette. Your parents. Why can't you tell them? Marinette had tears form in her eyes and looked away. "They're dead. They died in a car accident." She spoke so quietly but, we all heard her. 

A tear slid down her cheek and I immediately pulled her into a hug. Nino and Alya were quiet with wide eyes. Mari was crying into my chest. Alya came over and hugged Marinette as well. So did Nino. She pulled away and smiled sadly at them. "Thanks guys. I wasn't planning on telling you guys like that but, I got it out." Alya put a hand on her shoulder. "I am so sorry. I shouldn't have been so demanding about your parents. I am so so sorry." 

"It's okay Alya. You didn't know. Also, can you keep me and Adrien's relationship? Adrien doesn't want the media to gang up on me." Alya looked at Nino who nodded. "Sure." We had 15 minutes left for the lunch break so, we just talked and Marinette seemed to brighten up a bit.  I was happy she was feeling better. 

 I am just  thinking about how I am going to tell my father about me and her. Maybe, I could invite her for dinner at my house or a photoshoot that my father will be attending. Something. "-rien. Adrien! The lunch break is ending in like 2 minutes!" Marinette was waving a hand in front of my face. I nodded and scrambled off the couch. 

We ran to our stations and got everything ready. 

4 hour time skip----------------------------------------------------------------

Marinette's POV

I plopped onto the chaise and sighed. We had a busy day today. Alya and Nino just left and Adrien had to leave as soon as we closed up because his father needed him for some reason. I grabbed my phone and looked at my photos. I let Tikki fly around and I had a plate of macaroons on my desk for her. 

I stopped scrolling on my phone and turned it off. I heard a tap on my trapdoor and I got off my chaise and climbed up my ladder and opened it. Chat jumped in and detransformed into Adrien. "Kitty, whats wrong?" He looked at me. "My dad wants me to do a romance themed  photoshoot with Lila."