Chapter 23

Adrien's POV

After, Tikki came over I couldn't go back to sleep. The fact, that I wasn't going to be able to see Marinette today at school didn't put me in a good mood. It made me think something bad happened to her or something shocked her. I sighed and rubbed my temples. I really just wanted to hold her right now and rub her back and tell her everything is okay and see her beautiful blue eyes look at me and just kiss her senseless. 

I sat up and went to the shower and turned on the water. I took off my clothes and went in. I was so worried about Marinette, I felt like crying. I took a deep breath to calm myself and I turned off the water. I put on an tight orange shirt, black jeans and some white sneakers. I put on my jacket and I brushed my hair to wear it was still messy but, still looked nice. 

There was a knock on the door and Nathalie came in as I was finishing up my hair. "Adrien time to-oh, your already awake and ready. That's great because your father wants to talk to you." I sighed but nodded. She left and I put some camembert in my bag and Plagg flew in. I felt like what my father needed had something to do with Marinette. He was always nice to me when, other people were around but, when it was just me and him, he was just downright cold and brutal and it hurts sometimes. 

My heart was pounding and I exited my room and went to my father's office. I went in and he looked far from pleased. "Adrien, that photoshoot lowered the companies sales by at least a quarter. That photo of you and Marinette kissing did not please our female fans. Maybe, allowing you two to date wasn't the best decision." Don't snap, Adrien. Don't snap. You know that won't have a good outcome. I bit my tongue and let him continue. "Also, because of that kiss, the news people are thinking that she is using you since, her hat was part of the photoshoot remember?" I nodded. 

I remembered that hat. I loved wearing it even though the photoshoot took 3 hours because I kept sneezing cause' of my allergies to feathers. "So, there is only one solution to fix this." I started to count to ten because they say it will calm you down. "I need you to breakup with Marinette." I stopped at 9 and stared at my father. "W-what?" He scowled. "I need you to breakup with Marinette." I really stopped repeating to not snap because I knoew I wasn't going to be able to listen. 

I am positive my father was expecting me to just agree to what he says, like I have all the other times. But, now he is basically asking me to breakup with someone because it is better for a company I don't want to be apart of. "No." He looked surprised. "And why? She is ruining our company. Maybe I should have let Lila model with you. This wouldn't have happened with her." That put me over the edge. "You want me to breakup with Marinette because it is better for you. Where do I come into this? Did you ever think I don't wanna  breakup with her? Because I am positive you didn't." He cleared his throat. 

"Adrien, this is best for the company and you-" "NO, IT ISN'T! This is not the best for me and you know it! I love her, Father and NOTHING is going to make me breakup with her okay. So, go be engrossed with your work and be  your normal cold distant self, okay? Now leave me alone." I walked out of the room not even caring about what my father was saying. I walked out of the house and started walking to school. 

I was about half way there when, Plagg started moving around my bag. "Plagg, why are you moving around so much? Did you eat all your camembert?" I walked into an alley and he flew out. He looked worried. "No. It's with Marinette. I think...." He started thinking and then his eyes widened. "Hawkmoth is trying to akumatize her! He have to get to her now!" My eyes widened and I called on my transformation. I leaped onto the roof and sprinted over to the bakery on all fours as fast as I could. 

I leaped onto her balcony and leaped into her room. I looked around and saw her in a corner shaking her head with her hands on her head and tears streaming down her face. I ran over to her and grabbed her head. She looked at me and their was fear written all over it. I did the first thing that came to mind and kissed her. She kissed back and I put my hand on her waist and she pulled away. The akuma flew out of one of her hair ties and she transformed and deakumatized it. "TIME TO DE EVILIZE! Bye Bye little butterfly." She weakly smiled at the akuma and then detransformed and collapsed into tears. 

I quickly caught her and I detransformed as well. She hugged me and cried. "I am so sorry, Adrien. This is my fault! I shouldn't have-" I put my finger on her lips and she stopped talking. "Princess, this isn't your fault. Don't ever think this is your fault. The only thing, that matters is that you didn't get akumatized and that you are okay." She nodded and I wiped the tears from her eyes. "I'll bring you your notes after school okay?" She nodded. "Ok, Kitty." 

I transformed and gave her a kiss. "Bye Princess. Think good things." I jumped out of her room and made my way to school. I jumped into an alley and detransformed. I walked into the courtyard of the school and Chloe wrapped me in a hug. "Adrikins! I am sooo sorry you had to kiss Maritrash for you photoshoot. She really is a-" I pushed her off and glared at her. "I kissed her willingly and for your information we are dating so, I don't appreciate you calling my GIRLFRIEND, maritrash." She looked shocked and I turned around and looked around for Alya and Nino. 

Alya looked mad and Nino was trying to calm her down. I walked over and Nino waved me over when, he say me. "Dude, you need to come see this." He showed me his phone and I stared at it. It was the school's website. All the students had access to it. I read it and anger boiled inside me. Chloe had posted that Marinette's parents had died in a car accident which they did but, they fact that she posted it and Marinette was still trying to make sense of it and plus, it was her secret to tell.

I handed Nino his phone and I was getting ready to strangle Lila. "Adrien, can you please get Nino to let go of me so, I can beat Lila?" I shook my head. "I would love for you to beat Lila but, we have to focus on making sure Marinette feels good enough to come to school tomorrow. She doesn't want to come today." Alya signed and Nino loosened his grip on her. "I understand. I think part of the reason she doesn't want to go to school is because today is the day her parents would come home if they weren't..." She made a hand gesture and we understood. 

Our phones dinged meaning and we pulled them out. It wasn't our school website but, Lila's instagram. I had a feeling it wasn't good and the fact that she had over 200 million followers didn't help. Alya's face became filled with rage and I finally had the courage to read it. It said: 'I can't believe Marinette Dupain Cheng KISSED Adrien Agreste! And she gets the permission to DATE him! I work as a model for the Agreste company and she got me fired because she was jealous! I bet she just brain washed his father just so she could sleep with Adrien. She is such a slutty whore and a bitch.' Comments where popping up like there was no tomorrow and not a single one of them were nice. 

I stared at my phone and thinking of the most painful ways to kill Lila. Alya brought me back to reality and she shot off the bench before Nino could even make an attempt to grab her and ran through the school probably to  find Lila. Nino ran after her and I ran after both of them. Nin caught up to Alya and grabbed her arm and I grabbed the other. "Babe, please calm down. Killing Lila won't get rid of what she posted. We need to think of something else and then once she is exposed I promise you can do whatever you want with her." Alya stopped tugging and sighed. "Fine, but Adrien can I talk to Nino really quick?" I nodded. 

"Of course. I'll be in the classroom." I walked to the classroom and when, I got in I knew it was going to be a long day.