Chapter 20

Marinette's POV

I opened my music app and scrolled through it. I never really paid much attention to it but, I feel like music could help me right now. I saw a song called, 'Beautiful by Christina Aguilera'. I pressed on it and let it play. 

I smiled and Tikki flew to my phone and pressed the 'like button' for the song. "I think it is a good song, Marinette! It is SUPER encouraging!" I laughed and smiled at her. "I like it too, Tikki." There were songs just like it so, I let those play and ended up liking those songs as well. 

Tikki was flying around dancing to the song while, I was giggling at the kwami's antics. 

I remembered this song from when, I turned on the radio in my room. (A/N: Chapter 3.) I smiled and let the rest of the songs play. 

When, I was done listening I was in a really good mood. It was bright out so, I went on my balcony and looked around. I saw people hanging out with their friends and little kids playing with their parents at the park. I felt a pang of sadness in my heart but, it shook it off. I was not going to spoil my good mood. 

I turned my head the other way and saw Adrien at the far part of he park by he lake, doing a photoshoot. And Lila was there. He looked extremely uncomfortable and when, they weren't modeling he kept looking at the bakery. His eyes flickered to my balcony and he looked at me. 

I smiled and waved. He smiled and waved back. His photographer yelled something at him and he looked at him and shrugged. I got an idea and raced downstairs to the kitchen. I got some croissants  and pastries, I baked this morning because I woke up early and put them in a bag. 

I put my hair in a messy bun and put on my jacket. Tikki flew into my purse andI put some pastries in there for me and her. I ran out the door and to the park. Adrien was sitting on the bench so, I crept up behind and covered his eyes with my hands. He jumped and I burst out laughing. He crossed him arms and pouted. "Meanie." I stuck tongue out at him. I held out the bag of treats that were for him. 

"Here. I baked them this morning." His eyes lit up and he grabbed the bag. He grabbed a cookie and stuffed it in his mouth. "I wove it! Fank you, Pwincess!" I knew he meant, 'I love it! Thank you, Princess!'. I giggled and wiped the crumbs off the corner of his mouth. He swallowed the cookie and pecked my cheek. "I am really happy you brought these. I only had breakfast today. I spent most of lunch with you in the principal's office, taking you home, and worrying about you." I shook my head.