Revelations

Hello, and welcome back to The Second Thief. This story is nearing its end, and after this, I'll be working on the sequel to Percy Jackson: The Betrayed Guardian. After THAT, I'll be working on the next in this series. Anyways, here's your chapter.

Theo P.O.V.

A hot wind blew down the corridor, and the doors swung open. The guards stepped aside.

"I guess that means we're allowed to go in?" said Percy.

We walked in and we found ourselves in a throne room. Unlike in Percy's dream, Hades's throne was occupied now. Hades was the first god that looked the part. At 10 feet tall, he easily towered over us. He was wearing black robes with his crown. His skin was as white as paper, and his hair almost as dark as ours. He looked like how I imagined Nico as an adult. He was nowhere near as physically strong looking as Ares, but he was clearly stronger in raw power. He lounged on his throne of fused human bones, looking lithe, graceful, and dangerous as a panther.

"Uncle." I said bowing. He had an aura that was trying to make us feel insignificant, but I was blocking it out.

The others bowed as well, with Percy not looking too happy about it. I mean, I wasn't either, but I don't want to get blasted before we can explain ourselves.

Hades studied us, his eyes having the same sinister glint as mass murderers.

"You are brave to come here, Sons of Poseidon," he said in an oily voice. "After what you have done to me, very brave indeed. Or perhaps you are simply very foolish." Little bit of both to be honest.

His aura slightly flared, but I put more subconscious effort into blocking it out. "Lord Hades, we come before you with a request." I say, still bowing.

"Rise."

Hades raised an eyebrow. When he sat forward in his throne, shadowy faces appeared in the folds of his black robes, faces of torment, as if the garment were stitched of trapped souls from the Fields of Punishment, trying to get out. The ADHD part of me wondered whether the rest of his clothes were made the same way. What horrible things would you have to do in your life to get woven into Hades's underwear? I mentally slap myself for getting off topic.

"A request? As if you have not already taken enough from me. Speak, you're boldness amuses me, and is the only thing stopping me from smiting you now." Hades says.

"Lord Hades, we know you did not take the bolt. A rogue god gave it to us in secret, probably hoping you would kill us and cause a war between the gods." I say.

"Of course I didn't take the master bolt. However, if that is what you have come to tell me, something that I already know, then you will not be living for much longer." Hades says.

"Lord Hades, you know we are not the thieves..." I start to say before I am interrupted.

"I know nothing of the sort. For all I know, this is an elaborate plot to trick me. What I do know however, is that my helm was stolen the same day as Zeus's master bolt was stolen. I presume you want me to believe you didn't steal that either?" Hades asks with a slight edge in his voice.

"Lord Hades, I swear on the River Styx that me and my brother did not steal either the master bolt or your helm of darkness. However, I do believe that I know who currently has your helm." I say.

Before Hades can ask who I'm talking about, Annabeth asks, "But Lord Hades, if your symbol of power was stolen as well, why didn't you say anything?"

"I have said nothing of the helm's disappearance," Hades snarled, "because I had no illusions that anyone on Olympus would offer me the slightest justice, the slightest help. I can ill afford for word to get out that my most powerful weapon of fear is missing. Until a few moments ago, I was simply waiting for the children of Poseidon to come to me themselves, where I would have taken their lives, but it is clear to me now that they are not at fault. Tell me young one, who do you believe has my helm?"