PART THIRTEEN: THE GAME CREATOR

This is it.

I just have to face it, I guess.

It had been hours but I still can't sleep.

In fact, I have been looking at the ceiling of my room for an hour already and I was wide awake. I don't know what's bothering me more; Is it my mom's identity, the unknown caused of death of Traise's mom, the sudden confession from Tyler, or is it my almost rape incident?

Speaking of my mom, the flash drive Tyler gave me was still in my hand. I was holding it tight and I haven't  checked it yet since I was afraid of what I might found out.

I looked at it and I sighed. With determination aroused inside me, I sat up.

It's now or never.

I looked at it again and heaved a sigh.

Let's do this. Let's face the facts...

The next day, the third trial started. It was chaotic. The defense summoned witnesses, and the prosecution summoned the medical facility head. It was proven that the autopsy they have was authentic, which meant the tampered evidence was the one my dad provided. She summoned my dad in court, and she examined him.

"You are a coroner, what does a coroner do?" Avery asked.

"We conduct mandatory autopsies," my dad replied.

"For what?"

"For a record."

"Do you have a power to do so?" Avery asked with a sassy voice.

"Yes," my dad answered.

"Powerful enough to acquire one?"

"Yes."

"Powerful enough to mandatory ask for it without the family's consent?"

"Yes."

"Powerful enough to keep the records?"

"Yes."

"Powerful enough to manipulate it?" 

My dad got shocked.

"That... That's—"

"—not just manipulating but to forge, dismiss, abuse, and tamper?"

I felt the urge to smack her, he's traumatizing my dad!

"That's not—"

"And even strong enough to fool the defense and suppress the information, implanting false record, abusing your power, and twisting the law?"

"You're—"

"A yes or no, sir."

"I don't—"

"JUST A YES OR NO."

I closed my eyes as I heard her almost shouting at my dad. She was humiliating him in front of everyone!

Tyler Newt, and I have decided beforehand that we won't object and will just watch so we can know the truth but this time, I can no longer take it! Ibang usapan na 'pag dawit ang tatay ko.

 I was about to stand but Newt held my wrist and gave me a sign not to. I closed my eyes hardly and sat back.

"I can't—"

"AGAIN, A YES OR NO, SIR," Avery said with finality.

"Can you—"

"A YES OR NO!"

"That's not—"

"AGAIN, I REPEAT!" she said. "JUST A YES OR NO."

"That's too hard to—"