Chapter 12

Izuku POV

Great.

Just great.

I'm not surprised though. I felt it coming. But what are we going to do now? I looked around the arena. All Might was literally steaming. I wonder if he's found a successor yet. Aizawa could only concentrate on 1 quirk at a time because of how spread out everybody was. Present Mic can't use his quirk because of the audience, same for the rest of the heroes. The only option left was the students. The only ones in the arena right now were me, Todoroki, and Bakugo. 

"Do you both have your provisional licenses?"

I asked quickly.

They shook their head.

This makes things a lot harder.  We needed teachers permission.

I looked towords rat-bear. The only one who was able to think at the same speed as me. He noded at me, understandingly. I wonder why though... Did he not think that I would end up betraying him?

"Todoroki, fight Dabi and Twice. Bakugo, go after Toga and Spinner. I'll go after Shigaraki."

"No way I'm listening to you, Deku".

I glared at him. Only I knew how much power Shigaraki truly possessed. He could defeat them both in an instant. I was the only one who stood a chance against him. Bakugo, glared at me one last time and ran towards Toga and Spinner.

I looked at Shigaraki.

"So quick to betray us, Deku?" He says.

Me? Betray them? They were never good at manipulating people. That was my thing.

"Why are you here? What do you want? The students, or me?"

We haven't started attacking yet. If we do, it will end fast. 

"You obviously, you know too much."

Of course. Only one thing confused me.

"Why are you attacking the other students then....? Oh..."

Too late did I realise that they weren't going to attack the students. They would attack me. All of them. At once. Oh god, I was dead. Against Shigaraki at least I stood a chance. But all of them?

"Todoroki, Bakugo! Listen to me. They're not trying to kill you, They're trying to kill me! Keep them preoccupied so I can take care of this jerk, otherwise, I'll be ambushed and they'll win! Understand!?"

My voice carried across the arena, filled with command. Instantly, they obeyed my orders. They couldn't help it. It was one of my many skills. Proof that I didn't need a quirk.

Without any hesitation, I lunged at Shigaraki. I needed to keep him focused on me. He put his hands to the ground destroying it. The ground around him started to explode. I dodged and tried to get closer to him. I looked around. The rest of league was preoccupied. Good. 

Aizawa managed to erase Dabi's quirk, so Todoroki could them off. without any interference and Bakugou used his explosions to blind the villains. Multiple Pro heroes were evacuating people and some were starting to come in to join the fight, 

I needed to end this fast. The confusion from all of this will only weaken our side. The villains would thrive in it. Not good.

I was able to get a few hits in, but not enough. He was getting tired. He was using his quirk at its full. He couldn't keep this up much longer. I just needed to keep him busy for some time.

"Remember your mom?" Shigaraki asks.

"You said that a hero killed her, right?" I say as if this were a normal conversation.

"The thing is.... we lied...

...we killed her."

 I saw red.

Flashback

What were they all doing? Why were there so many people around my house? 

"I'm sorry, kid... Your mom... She couldn't make it..." That's what one of the police officers told me. 

They were carrying her away! 

She couldn't be dead! I ran up to her. She was my last hope! Why! I screamed and desperately tried to get to her. The police pulled me away, dragging me further and further away from her.

I pulled myself out their grip and started running.

Mom was dead...?

Mom was dead.

No...

Why...?

Why was it always me...

End of Flashback

I was blinded by rage. It was all their fault. My mom was dead because of him. He had been lying all this time. I was about to lash out when I saw Shigaraki smiling. This is what he wanted. For me to lose control. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of killing me.

I channeled my rage into my movements. 

I jumped towards him at full speed, pretending to act reckless. He easily moved to the side, then stretched his hand out towards my neck. I grabbed onto his wrist. He had been prepared for that and twisted his hand out of my grasp. 

Unfortunately for him, I was expecting this. While he was distracted, I had slided my foot behind his, knocked him off balance, and sent him to the ground. I kicked him in the gut for good measure.

I thought I had him. I was so wrong.

A portal appeared underneath him. 

Coward!

He was retreating.

By the time I had straightened up, the entire league had escaped.

All this fighting and nothing was achieved! I was so close to defeating Shigaraki!

I groaned in frustration.

I wanted to try go after him but right now there were more important things to worry about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading.

~Author