chapter 2

kate**
Later that night we bought dads body home with Mr.whington and early in morning we cremated. It was all so fast. All my neighbours gathered for cremation and gave their condolences  early in morning. Evryone started to leave one by one after consoling us. My mom still didnt cry and i still cant stop crying . We neither slept nor ate. Yesterdays dinner was still on table totally dried. The only person who stood through all of this with us was Mr.whington. There was just we three left by the end of the day. We all sat like statues the whole day and no one spoke a word but grief was all over their faces. Finally Mr. Whington stood up and made his was slowly towards my mom.
"Mrs. Mckinzie, i dont know if i sound appropriate in this time but as all of this is my fault i want to make up for this. U both can live in my house and ill take your responsibilities.please accept" he said with remorse in his voice and guilt in his eyes.
"No its not our fault. It was just our fate. I cant accept free help sir. "my mom refused. But he insisted " Please dont say no, i will look after kate and ill take all her  responsibilities. William have gifted me my life , if i cant even do this i wont be human. I can look after both of u thats not at all a trouble. Ill treat u both like my own family. William has always been loyal and sincere. This is the least i could do orelse i cant live with this guilt". With that my mom softened a bit and said, " We cant accept free help sir. But since u say so we would work for you inturn. I can work as a maid and kate would.....
"No" he interupted "she is like my own daughter i dont want her to work she will go to the same college as my kids and wear good clothes like my kids. I would do evrything that her father woukd do to her" he saw me with fatherly look and turned towards my mom who was not yet pleased and continued "U can work if u insist but wont be treated like other maids. Its settled" he finalised. "Ill send the car by morning and be ready for different life" with that he left.
My mom and i still didnt move from the position we sat in morning. It suddenly flashed that its my birthday today and it would have been whole differnt scene if alm these things didnt happen. I felt like a sinner to go through these things. How will my life be without my hero. How can i stand uo to this world. With these thoughts i slowly closed my eyes and went off to deep sleep. I wished i would wake up to my normal happpy life and this nightmare ends here.

Evan**
My dad has not been home since two days and the workers told that he encountered near death scenario and was rescued by uncle Daniel. My mom  was shocked on hearing this news and was buzzing to my sister constantly out of tension. After some time she was relieved when my dad awnsered his call finally but i can see her face changed to some other unsorted emotion.
"Daniel died saving you?" She asked for confirmation. What the..!! Uncle williams was the best of persons among the workers. I often played with him and he dropped me to places many a times. He was so sweet and unknowingly i had developed a bond to him. He was really close to dad too. I felt my heart was hit by a stone. I cant imagine what my dad is going through. He must have surely blamed himself for all this." Its not your fault.  You dont have to do this" She said still in call but was not pleased with the reply i guess. She cut the call and went up to her room.
" Mom? Dont you have anything to tell me" i shouted.
" Ull get to know. Your dad willl be coming tonight" She shouted back. I saw my sister with same what-is-even-happening look. That night i barely opened my eyes to hear my mom having loud discussions from my parents room which is quite far from my room and i realised in sleep that the other voice belongs to dad. Early in the morning i woke up to see my dad give so many commands to the workers. What could all these preperations be for! i asked myself seeing a room very close to mine getting prepared ready for soneone.

"Who is this room for dad and what happened these 2 days to you"  I asked my dad worriedly already knowing the fact that uncle Mckinzie died saving him in some accident. I, for a second thought he is bringing some step sister or stepbrother to home. Maybe thats why my mom wasnt happy yesterday and did he really have affairs!? Noo no way. My dad would do that. He is quite a gentlemn with rules and principles. I scolded myownself for even thinking like that.

"We will be having 2  more members to our family from now on son" he awsered making me come out of my thoughts.
"What?!" i opened my eyes wide with that awnser. I really never imagined he would really have such affairs. I cant believe his words. He later explained me the things happened which now Andrea,my elder sister, was listening too. I didnt notice that she joined the whole thing from the start. "I really looking forward to meet them dad, specially kate" she said with full of exitement. "And dont worry dad we will defintely treat her like family afterall her dad did to you. But i miss uncle Mckinzie , he was so good" She said sudden change in expression from exitement to worry. "Yah anyways i know you are bored by just having me to share all your bullshit and i am happy now there is someone to relieve me from this headache" I trailed to make her mood come back. Shewas really emotional, sensitive and kindhearted . I act like i never cared her and i never heard her. But i do, i always do coz she always protected and loved me even when i was real badass.

Kate***
The early in morning i woke up as my stomach make some sounds that i didnt want to bother about. I m not in mood worry about my appetite. I looked to see my mom almost packing all the stuff left.
"Mom, i thought you never wanted to leave this house! This  is the house both of you bulit with love and all those plants ...you always wanted me to take care of them right, even after my marriage? What now? You accepted that old mans offer?" I yelled in not-my-top-voice. She looked at me broken. Even when she never cried all this time, i surely knew what she is going through. I really regret that i shouted at her.shit i shouldnt have done that.
"This is best for you. This house ..... We will still have it so it is okay" she managed to speak hesitantly. "I cannot stop thinking of your father staying here. Moving there will also help you to study and for us to live better without your fa ...." she couldnt complete the sentense.
"I am sorry for shouting at you mom" I spoke not to increase her pain more. This is the time i should be supporting her instead of talking back. But you need not go through all these just for me i wanted to say but knowing the fact that she will have to struggle alone to make me study when she know nothing about the work out of home, i kept silent. She just worked in home to look after me. It was always my father who worked and looked after bills , fees all those stuff. She knew nothing. "I promise to be a very good child ma. Ill soon grow up and look after you" i said assuringly not just to mom but to my self also. She just gave pity but proud look. The car soon arrived and i checked my room if anything was left and went to hop in the car. I felt i really left something so very precious there. I felt empty. The car soon pulled off to leave.
"Stopp!" I yelled and both the driver and my mom gave me shoked look. I opened the door and ran to my home which is about 20 meters far. We just started so we didnt really go any further. As i am running towards my home i heard my mom calling me out loud in confusion but i ignored and ran towards home. I opened the door burst open and ran towards the cupboard in my room. I opened it just to see the charming heart shaped pendant to a silver shining chain. This was given by my dad on my 12th birthday and he told me to treasure it well which i promised. How could i ever forget this. Atleast this still makes me feel close to dad. After putting it on give one last look at my lovely home i walked towards car.
"I just forgot something and i got it" I replied before even asking to my mom who was waiting there leaning on car for my return. As soon as i sat in car , it started off but i felt so weak. I just thought it should all be fine there coz i cant take anymore shit after all this.

********************
[A/N]: okay .... I hope it was not so sad and boring. I am sorry if it was. Now her life is going to take interesting turns. Lets see what awaits her. Did she tell she cant take anymore shit!? But she has to i guess..
The picture above is the great huge mansion of whington's family with cliche branded cars parked at parking.
Keep reading  guys you would love it coz the male lead role entry awiats !! Keep loving and commenting☺