Together

2 Years later...

Mew leaned on the railing of his balcony. It was a breezy night. He took out his phone to open a photo of Gulf. Looking at it, he sighed with heavy heart, "I miss you so much".

Then he heard the doorbell ringing. "Who is at the door at this hour" he wondered out loud and moved towards the door.

On opening it his eyes widened.
"Gulf!"

Gulf smiled and flung his arms around Mew's neck and Mew held him in a tight hug.
"Oh God, you've no idea how much I missed you Gulf!" Mew exclaimed, holding on to Gulf as if his life depended on it.

Gulf chuckled, "You're talking as if you haven't seen me in two years, I was only gone for a week on a business trip!"

Mew pulled back and pouted, "It felt like years..."

Gulf leaned in and kissed Mew gently, Mew deepened the kiss with passion. Things were getting heated when Gulf pulled back. "Let's get my luggage and us inside first, we can continue in the bedroom". He gave Mew a quick peck, "and for the record, I missed you too, that's why I slogged to finish my work early and came tonight to surprise you, instead of tomorrow as was planned".

Mew grinned widely. He pulled Gulf's luggage in, closing the door behind and then dragged Gulf to the bedroom to continue what they had started without wasting time.

***flashback***

2 years ago...

Mew took in a deep breath and said "Gulf, let's break up".

Gulf heard Mew's words which brought him out of his daze and he looked up sharply.  "B-break up?" he stammered weakly.

"This relationship is bringing you so much grief, what's the point in staying like this?" Mew replied.

Tears started flowing from Gulf's eyes, "How could you say that Mew? You know how much I love you! We're supposed to get through everything together! How could you even think of that?"

Mew wiped tears off of Gulf's cheeks with his thumb but didn't say anything.

Gulf was frustrated and pushed Mew's hands off. "Do you really want to break up?" he asked angrily.

Mew shook his head, "Ofcourse not, you're my life, how can I break up with you?"

Gulf's brows furrowed, "then why did you say it?"

"Well, you weren't responding to anything so I thought maybe I should try shock therapy, and see, it worked!" Mew said with a weak smile, backing away from Gulf. The murderous look on Gulf's face was a clear indication that he should run for his life.

"Oh you think you can escape unscathed after giving me a heart-attack?" Gulf chased behind him, throwing at Mew anything he could get his hands on. "Come here you bloody moron or the consequences will be worse!"

Mew sighed and slowly inched towards Gulf with fearful eyes.

Gulf punched him on the shoulder and suddenly started sobbing. Mew quickly pulled  Gulf into his arms, caressing his back.
"Don't you ever dare to say such a thing again, whatever be the reason!" Gulf mumbled into Mew's chest in between the sobs.
"I promise Gulf, I'll not do anything like this again" Mew said and kissed Gulf's head, "but you also need to promise to tell me what you're going through and not become so distant. Whatever happens, we can get through it together, right?"
Gulf nodded, "yes, we can get through it together".

***End of flashback***
-------

A/N: Hope this chapter makes up for the sadness caused in the previous one! Next chapter would be longer and have some drama...
I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback. Thanks for voting and commenting! ❤

P.S. Did you guys see that pre-order window for TharnType box-set is open again (July 11-31)? I wasn't able to order earlier and was wishing that they'd open it again. Needless to say, I was beyond happy & made the purchase as soon as I got to know. 😁