Forever

Next day they arrived at the resort, dumped their bags in their room, had their breakfast at the resort's cafe and proceeded to the lake.

The view was mesmerizing. Through the day they swam, had a picnic and took a boat ride. They returned to their resort in the evening.

One would think that they'd be tired after so much activity all day, but the noises that came out of their room at night indicated otherwise.

"I really want to go for another round but we have to go out early for breakfast tomorrow", Mew said and kissed gulf on the forehead.

Gulf pouted, "can't we sleep in tomorrow? Why do we have to stick to the plan?"

Mew chuckled, "because I really want to go to this place, I don't wanna miss out"

Gulf huffed, "fine". He then turned to face away from Mew, closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep.

Mew smiled and spooned Gulf, kissing the back of his neck. "Good night, my love", he whispered. Gulf didn't respond. The exhaustion from the day's and night's activities caught up with them as they both drifted off to sleep.

-

The next morning they were both ready to go out for breakfast at the special place Mew had been so eager to try out. Gulf didn't want to spoil their time out together, so he had given up on sulking.

Mew had told Gulf that the place was within walking distance.

They had been walking for 10 mins when Gulf said "Mew, are you sure we're going in the right direction? I can't see any restaurant in that direction & in some time we'll reach the lake"

Mew nodded, "it's there, you'll see".

Gulf was getting confused by Mew's attitude but followed him nonetheless.

They were almost near the lake, when they crossed a few trees Gulf's eyes widened. Near the lake there was a breakfast set-up for two. Two of the resort's staff greeted them. Mew thanked them and they left.
Mew then looked at Gulf and explained "I wanted to start the day with just us and this view, like our own little world".

Gulf smiled, he was in utter bliss

After having their breakfast they stood by the lake, gazing at the view in front of them.

"It's beautiful" Gulf said.

"Not more than you" Mew replied.

Gulf chuckled and turned to look at Mew but his eyes widened at the sight.
Mew had bent down on one knee. Raising a ring to Gulf, he asked "Will you marry me?"

Gulf's eyes glistened and he pulled Mew up and crashed his lips on Mew's. He kissed Mew with such passion as if his life depended on it, and Mew replied with equal intensity. When they finally broke the kiss due to lack of oxygen, Mew asked "Is that a yes?"

Gulf laughed and then nodded.

Mew placed the ring on Gulf's finger and kissed it. They spent some more time there and then went back to the resort to collect their bags and check-out. After reaching home in the evening, Mew suggested that they should go out to a fancy place for dinner to celebrate and Gulf agreed.

Mew and Gulf were engrossed in their conversation as they entered the restaurant.

"Congratulations!" There was a cheering from the people inside, who were huddled together.

Gulf looked towards them to see his family, Mew's family, and their close friends. He looked around the restaurant to see the party decorations. His mind had stopped working.
Then he looked at Mew who was grinning ear to ear. "Surprise!" He said.

Gulf shook his head and smiled. Then proceeded to greet the families and friends along with Mew. Saying that Gulf was happy was an understatement. Later in the party he learnt that Mew had been secretive for the past few weeks due to the double surprise planning.

Gulf remembered the time he had decided to stay away from Mew and shuddered at the thought of how their lives would have been if they hadn't met at Rose's engagement party. Or maybe they were meant to be and would have met one way or the other.
Gulf was grateful for every effort Mew had taken, it made him even more determined to plan the type of beach wedding Mew had mentioned years ago, when they were just friends, as his dream. He would make sure his Mew's dream became a reality.

***
3 years later...

Mew and Gulf were standing next to each other in the balcony, leaning against the railing and enjoying the rain.

Mew took out his phone from his pocket as it buzzed. He saw their beautiful beach wedding photo on the screen saver and smiled. He then unlocked the phone to check the message from his mom, "Mom's saying she'll drop Faith home later in the evening".

Gulf chuckled, "Our daughter has a sweet tooth like you. She loves cookies and her grandma loves making it for her. I knew she wouldn't come back so early".

The rain had stopped. They stayed there for a while, looking at the rain-washed world and enjoying the gentle breeze.

"I am happy, I wish we would stay together like this forever" Gulf said.

Mew looked at him and smiled. "Nothing stays the same forever, change is inevitable",  he said.

Gulf looked at him and frowned.

Mew chuckled, "What I said is true, but I wish we would grow and change together"

They looked into each other's eyes. Eyes filled with warmth and love.

"I wish to be with you whether it be this life or the next, I wish to be with you for eternity", Mew continued.

Gulf smiled and placed a gentle kiss on Mew's lips.

The sky cleared and sunshine fell on them. A beautiful rainbow appeared and it was as though the heavens were smiling upon them, saying that their wish was granted.

~The end~

___________________________________

A/N: I want to dedicate this chapter to all the readers. I wish you all find your happiness and have a blissful life with your loved ones!

This story has come to an end.
I want to thank everyone for reading, voting and commenting.

I do not own the pictures used. Credit to the rightful owners.