Chapter Three

December 31st
Houston, TX
Beyoncé's Car
Beyoncé's POV

December 31stHouston, TXBeyoncé's CarBeyoncé's POV

*The Day Of Robert's Murder*

I got in the car and instantly connected Bluetooth listening to 'I Don't Wanna' by Aaliyah as I pulled out the driveway to Robert's house praying I don't see Onika there.

Onika is definitely very attractive, but she off limits because she's my boss's daughter sadly. When I started driving down their street I saw ambulance and police at their house.

If Onika is hurt I'm going to kill whoever hurt her. I pulled up at the house next to theirs and watched what was happening. I saw Carol getting questioned by cops while the paramedics wheeled a body out on the stretcher covered by tarp. That's when I really got concerned.

"Fuck" I said to myself getting out the car. Onika and Robert were no where in sight. "Beyoncé!" Carol yelled coming my way giving me a hug while crying in my neck. "Is Onika okay, what happened?"

She looked at me hurt and pain in her eyes. "She's fine physically....mentally not so much, someone broke in and killed Robert" she let out a heavy breath and tears streamed down her face.

I threw my head back praying this wasn't true. "Where's Onika?" As soon as I asked she walked out the house hugging herself. She looked hella rough, but I understand why. Whoever killed Robert is dead to me.

Onika met my gaze but quickly looked down at her feet occasionally looking up to see if I was still staring, which I was. I didn't want to bother Onika so I went back into my car and headed home.

When I walked in my younger sister Solange was sitting on the couch on her phone. "Is it on the news yet?" She looked up at me and shrugged "don't know what the hell you're talkin 'bout"

I shook my head "Robert is dead" she giggled, but a nervous giggle not a funny kinda giggle. "What's that for?" She looked at me and sighed "honestly is it surprising? his damn daughter is wanted dead for what reason? he was obviously bound to die sooner or later."

I plopped on the couch in defeat, she was right...it was bound to come eventually. I turned on the news to see "Father Murdered in Break and Enter"

"In Houston, Texas, a father was found murdered during an armed robbery" I shut the news off when pictures of Robert popped up.

As much as I wanted to see Onika I couldn't blow my cover...I just couldn't. Minutes later I got text from the gang seeing they wanted to meet up and talk about Robert's death. Agreeing to meet up at the warehouse I grabbed my keys and Solange came with me.

"Who do you think is gonna lead now?" Solange asked me as she got in the passengers seat. I shook my head. "I hope it's not me, I'm trying to get out this business, they can give it to Kali or Janelle for all I care" don't get me wrong, I love them to pieces but I do not want to stay in the dealing business for much longer.