Chapter Four: Taiyou's "help"

(Y/N) POV:

For the first time, I didn't run past the convenience store when Ukai was there. Granted, it was Thursday and I started doing so on Monday but it counts for something. I don't know why I didn't run, my legs just didn't carry me, not that I minded.

I walked past the store and paused at the window to see Ukai cleaning up in the store. He was singing folk songs to himself and didn't notice me looking.

"What a dork," I whispered to myself smiling and shaking my head.

I ran after passing the store for fear of being late again. I quietly entered the teacher's office and I sat at my desk. Taiyou, as always, was there before I was.

"Why are you so tired?" Taiyou poked at me with the end of his pen so that it would click when it touched me.

"Because I ran here. Nothing new." I pushed the pen out of my face.

"You ran? After the store? You weren't running when when you looked through the window." Taiyou smirked at me and continued clicking.

"Do you park in front of that store so you can see how I pass it? I swear you always know something I don't tell you." I took the pen and put it on the side of my ear, sticking my tongue out.

"Rest in peace clicky the pen, you will be missed. No I don't park there, I just happen to pass by when you do." He denied but I could tell that he definitely parks there.

"You're lying, there's no need to park there. I'm going to stop running by." I organized some papers for my classes.

"Aww why? I love watching you speed past that store like you're running a race." He drew a quick horizontal line with his finger.

"I don't feel the need to anymore. Before you ask, no that doesn't mean I like him now."

"Wack! Can I come to practice today?"

"You have zero interest in volleyball Taiyou. Why do you want to go?" I eyed him in suspicion.

"Just to show support for our team, I teach here too ya know. Totally unrelated to the fact that I want to see this new coach that apparantly you are close with." He rested his head on his hand that was resting on the desk.

"We're not close and how do you know about him?" I hadn't told him that Ukai was the Karasuno coach so he can't connect the lines.

"I talk to Ittetsu sometimes. He tells me things." Taiyou shrugged.

"Fine you can come, don't talk about me though." I had to warn him because he had a habit of telling stories.

"Can't wait to see this guy!" Taiyou stood and picked up some papers to take to his class, "see you then best friend!" He ran out of the classroom.

He never calls me best friend unless he's going to do something. He's definitely doing something at practice and I wasn't ready for it.

I packed up my stuff and headed to my first class with the second years. I was actually on time and started my class well.

After normal school hours, I headed to the gym. I managed to make it before Taiyou did so I waited off my the sides. I was still a little bit later so the drills were already set up.