Chapter Six: Visit to Mom

(Y/N) POV:

Morning eventually came I decided to sleep in a bit with it being Saturday and all. Then I realized I was supposed to visit my mom like I do every other weekend. I got up and took a shower then made some food. Everything from yesterday came rushing back and I regretted every second.

I packed a bag of clothes and ran out the door to catch my bus, just barely making it. I sat all the way in the back and pulled out my phone to text my mom that I'll be late.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" A voice asked me.

"I don't mind," I responded, not looking up.

I then realized that I recognized that voice. I looked next to me and saw Taiyou smiling with a small bag of what I assumed to be clothes.

"What are you doing here?" I put away my phone in my pocket.

"Going with you to see your mom. She said she missed me, her second son, so I figured I'd go with you and see her." He set his bag on the floor in front of him.

"You're not biologically her kid Taiyou."

"That doesn't mean crap."

"Okay then, how'd you know I'd be here now?" I was later than normal getting to the bus.

"This is the same bus you always catch. If you were late or whatever I'm pretty sure you still managed to catch it."

Fair enough. It was a far ride to where my mom lived. The ride was about five hours of stories and gossip between Taiyou and I.

When we finally got to our stop, we got off the bus and started on a walk to the house. The sun was already starting to set.

"So, how'd that date go?" I asked Taiyou because he never told me.

"Absolute garbage, up in flames, not seeing her again." He put emphasis on the word never.

"What was the problem with her?"

"So boring. All she would talk about was politics and I'm just not interested. Is it too much to ask for someone to like anime and talk to me!?" He cried out.

"I watch anime and talk to you."

"I mean someone that hasn't already rejected me (Y/N)."

"Oh you mean as a date, yeah can't help you there."

"I'm over it anyways." He stuck out his tongue, "I'm going to die alone (Y/N)!" He stopped and crouched on the floor with a yell.

"I'm pretty sure that's not true. You'll find someone..... eventually," I teased.

"Of course I will, I'm Taiyou Kobayashi." He stood up and continued walking with me. He change moods when I teased him.

"Can the Taiyou Kobayashi beat me in a foot race though?" I figured that this was the best way to get to the house while the sun was still out.

"Bet I can." he started getting ready to run.

"You remember her place right? Whoever gets there first wins, wait outside for the other." I stood next to him and we both got ready.