Chapter Eight: Resolution

A/N: Thank you so much for over 1k reads! It means a lot that people actually like this book! Now, onto the chapter!

*Bold italics is over the phone.
(Y/N) POV:
I entered the store and Keishin glanced up at me. He kept his legs on the counter and I stood by the door entrance.

"You said to leave you alone so I'm leaving you alone," he said, glancing back down at his magazine.

"Please Keishin," I moved to the front of the counter.

He set down his magazine and put out his cigarette on an ash tray, "How do you know my first name? I never told you."

"Maybe not recently, but you did when we were kids. I remember now, you never lost your charm."

"My charm?" Keishin took his legs off the counter to sit properly.

"God I'm 26 and doing my first confession." I whispered to myself as I gathered my courage, "When we were kids, I was in love with you. To be honest, I still am." I looked away with a hint of pink crawling on my cheek.

"I thought I annoyed you, I was just a bother." A pained expression rushed across his face and left just as fast as it came.

"I'm so sorry about that, I was wrong. I wasn't frustrated with you, I was frustrated with myself. When I told you to leave me alone, I was under extreme stress about some work I had put aside because I couldn't focus on it. Plus I was also trying to figure out some of my own feelings that I finally resolved. I hope you forgive me." I looked back at him and crouched down so I was at his eye level.

"Of course I do."

"That easily?" I raised an eyebrow and narrowed my eyes. "I was expecting more of a struggle."

"You were stressed, you didn't mean to blow up on me. Plus--" Keishin leaned forward, his face inches from mine. "--hard not to forgive the one you love."

I stood up and took a step back. "You.... what?" I asked in shock.

He stood up and looked away, "I'm not really good with this stuff but, here it is. When you walked into my store, I recognized those (E/C) eyes like I never stopped seeing them. I fell in love again with someone I never stopped loving, you."

I leaned over the counter and turned his head to face me, "and I love you, then and now."

He looked me in the eyes and smiled, genuinely smiled, something I hadn't seen in years. I was struck as everything from my childhood came flooding back.

Keishin cemented his hands on the convenience store counter and closed the gap between us with a tender kiss. I was caught off guard but eased into it. The taste of smoke lingered in his mouth but I didn't mind, I was too busy enjoying the moment. I couldn't help but smile as he pulled away, leaning his head on my shoulder.

Keishin spoke to himself in a whisper, "I've been dreaming of this moment and it's better than I imagined."

I laughed a little, "We must be having the same dreams then."

I reached up with two fingers to my bottom lip and broke into a huge smile. Who would've thought that the one I was missing this whole time, was right here.

"I know we just solved everything but there's still something bugging me." I still had just one question.

"What's wrong?" He lifted one arm around my waist.

"Why didn't you tell me you knew about the past?"

"I wanted you to remember yourself, if I told you I would feel like I'm forcing something. I didn't know if you even remembered anything from back then, but now I know that you do."