"SNOW DROPS"

13•03•2014

"Ji-ho I screwed up badly! I got a 50 on my math test" she yelled at me. "Mom's gonna hit me with her slipper and she probably won't give me dinner". Chunga gripped my shoulders and started to shake me violently, her fingernails digging into my skin as she screamed at me frustrated "Ji-ho, she's gonna take my food away, MY FOOD!!", She honestly seemed so pissed off and scared of being deprived from her food. I let out a light laugh and immediately realized the gravity of the mistake made. My amusement quickly evolved in to fear as she glared at me. "Please Lord, do not let this be the end of me" I prayed only to remember that there was no one who could face Chunga's glare.

"Did you just laugh?" She asked me, her voice filled with sarcastic sweetness that hid the anger. I gulped nervously, but mouthed a "yes. I'm sorry". Then I shut my eyes tight and waited patiently for the upcoming lecture about "why she shouldn't be deprived of food". Surprisingly it never came, slowly I forced my eyes open and saw her standing there her hands still holding me firmly. She looked...... calm, but her eye kept twitching and a big grin was plastered on her face. Slowly she mouthed a "fuck you" and ran away.

Huh! That's a first. She's never gotten so pissed about something like this. Maybe I made her really mad, maybe there's more to the story? "Of course there is you brain-dead fool" a voice in my head told me. I ran towards the park. It was the only place where we go felt at peace when our minds where stirred with doubts. The wind knifed at my face and my lungs hurt with every breath. "keep going your almost there" I encouraged myself.

There she sat on the swing, slowly rocking herself back and forth. Her loose hair swayed mesmerisingly in the wind. "Chunga-ah, I'm sorry I really am please forgive me". She started shaking and sniffling, "was she crying?". Then she turned around and faced me. She was laughing uncontrollably, "your face when I ran off was fucking hilarious". I pouted at this and she stopped laughing but her dopey grin was still on display. "Come here baby" she ordered me with her arms wide open.

Soon we both were snuggled up against each other. Watching the sun set slowly, turning the sky an exquisite shade of pink and orange with flecks of dark blue. The stars glittered like cut diamonds, but ever so faintly. "We should have a picnic here! We can get sandwiches, Ice cream and hot chocolate. It'll be fun!" She spoke excitedly. I agreed immediately, it certainly would be a pleasant experience. Tears fell from her eyes. Like crystals sliding down the pale white snow, the droplets glided of her cheeks and fell on her palm.

"Ji-ho I'm scared." She whispered. "Mom's gonna go mad again and dad will probably beat the shit outta me for coming home with marks like this." her voice trembled as she spoke.

"Then let's not go home bub. Let's stay here, where no one will hurt us. In our own little world. Maybe this can be a picnic too?"

"Look ji-ho, there's a snow drop, it's rare to see one at this time of the year"

"It really is pretty"

........."Chunga-ah, did you know your prettier than those flowers ?"..............