"FLOATING LIGHTS"

24•03•2014

I stood in front of the dresser, making sure I looked decent. The white turtleneck and black denims hugged my body snuggly. A brown trenchcoat was thrown on to relieve myself from the cold. I styled my hair neatly. Good I was ready to go! Sitting on the edge of my bed I scrolled through my phone. Messages and emails piled up cluttering my storage. Beep! My phone went, Chunga's message popped up amongst various notifications.
"I'm leaving right now, I'll meet you at the square in 20 minutes, okay?"

I stood in the square, waiting for Chunga. The ocean spread wide and far, glittering like diamonds under the moonlight. The waves crashed at the shore softly, the noise blending with the chatters of those around me. Sighing, my eyes darted around searching for Chunga. Her familiar petite frame soon appeared into sight. She ran towards me and engulfed me in a hug. I could hear her panting softly, trying to regain her breath. She looked at me with glossy eyes and jumped excitedly. "I'm so excited. I'll finally be able to see the lanterns drifting away." She squealed ecstatically.

Then the dark sky was lit up by thousands of lanterns. Each emitted a soft warm glow, just like a candle but a thousand times more beautiful. They looked like stars drifting into the heavens carried by the gentle wind. I glanced at Chunga. She looked breathtaking, her soft hair floating in the air softly. Her pupils replicated the sky, filling it with soft lights. She stood there, lips parted slightly, cold puffs of air escaping her lips. I felt her fingers lace mine, she moved closer and pressed the side of her arm against mine. That soft touch sent sparks of electricity through my body, slowly warming me.

We were surrounded by people, but it felt as though we were the only ones there. The chattering around us became inaudible. I heard nothing except for her soft breaths and my own heart beating.

"Ji-ho! Don't they look beautiful?"
"Yeah, they really do"
"When I was young I used to call them floating lights and mom used to scold me for that, but they really do look like that, don't they?"
"Chunga if you believe they look like floating lights, then they're floating lights. Never let someone snatch away your fantasies away from you."
She nodded softly, clutching my arm.
"I love you"
"I love you too"

"Chunga, I think I fell in love with you again......"