"A PICNIC AND BLOSSOMS"

20:03:2014

I lay on my bed, eyes half closed. The cat shuffled slightly and curled itself up against my leg. Rays of sunlight peeked through the window and fell on my cheek. I sat up ignoring the dull ache in my body. Today was the start of spring. The snow melted and young shoots were sprouting from the earth, their leaves coated in specks of snow. The bright green was a lovely contrast to the pure white snow. "Beep" my phone went, indicating I had a message. It was from Chunga, "Happy Birthday love 💜. I've a surprise for you, wait for me at the park at 5.", Huh! I forgot today was my birthday. I was excited about the surprise, Chunga always gave the best gifts. Lazily I pulled myself out of bed and crawled into the bathroom.

Minutes later I was rushing down the stairs. It was quiet as usual, sighing I made my way to the kitchen to whip up some breakfast. Soon the smell of fried bacon and eggs hung in the air deliciously. I ate as I scrolled through my social platforms. Scattered birthday wishes from relatives and old friends cluttered up my space. The dishes were washed and left to dry as I scrambled upstairs to change. It wasn't time but I thought it would be nice to take a walk.

It was still a bit chilly, so I pulled the brown trench coat tighter hoping to gain some warmth doing so. The snow melted into crystal clear water that fed the earth. Everything looked so fresh and pure, as though the world was reborn again, young and naive. The harsh winter had finally come to an end, the losses now replaced by the cheerful flowers that spring brought. It would have been perfect to lie down and let the warmth of spring capture me, to lie down and let the flowers fill in the aching voids in my heart. To let the pain disappear and submit myself to pure bliss. If only I could.

Before I knew it, I was standing in the park watching the cherry blossoms flutter and dance in the wind before landing on the ground gracefully. Chunga stood by a tree, busily scrolling through her phone, her eyebrows furrowed up and her cute little nose scrunched in frustration. She looked adorable in her oversized sweater paired with black jeans. A black bag hung carelessly over her shoulder. She noticed me and skipped over. "Happy Birthday toooo youuuuu~" she sang and engulfed me in a hug. I held her tight and broke the hug after we both started gasping for air. As soon as we caught our breaths, we exchanged glances and began to laugh at our stupidity.

We were sitting under a tree, eating the sandwiches she prepared. I wrapped an arm around her waist and pecked her forehead, "thank you bub. I love you so much, you always manage to give me the best gifts ever. I wonder what I'm getting next time?", She giggled, flustered at the praise.

We sat there under the tree, in each others embrace and watched the blossoms float in the air. It was an enthralling sight. Every pink blossom that detached itself from the bark, dancing gracefully with its petite figure. Slowly descending to the ground looking as beautiful and majestic as it can as it lands on the soft warm earth. Many fluttered over too us eventually landing on her head softly. Everything was perfect. This moment was perfect, nothing could compare to the happiness she gave me. That warm feeling that filled your voids was something only she could provide. Everything was beautiful but the moment she smiled at me, that big dopey grin of hers, everything seemed uninteresting to me. Everything except for her. The world paled in comparison to her pretty smile. I couldn't help but feel proud that she was mine. Yea she was mine and only mine.

Chunga leaned closer and pecked me on the lips softly, whispering in my ear, "thank you for everything. I love you. And my only wish is to be with you forever. Now tell me, what is your wish?", She held out a small cake with a lit candle on it. "I want to live in this moment forever, that's my wish", I blew out the candle and watched the flame disappear with a puff of smoke. Soon we were eating the cake, as we laughed and spread frosting on each other.

                            Thank you Chunga....... For the best birthday ever

"Chunga-ah did you know that in this cruel world filled with hatred, did you know that your my happy place? Your my escape from the harshness of this world."

                               ........ "Your my spring after the cold winter"......