Chapter 7- Mom problems

CARTER POV

I watched as guests entered and crowded in the hall. The decorations were impressive. The kids played around and we were waiting for the rest of the family. I searched for Bryan, he was no where to be seen. That 'douchebag' as Cayden described him, made me hunt him down thrice. He keeps running of like a kid. Speaking of Cayden, she wasn't here yet. 

''Uncle!!!!!'' Zara called out

''Uncle!!!!!'' Zara called out. She wore a long pink frock with a crown on her head.

''You look like an angel, kiddo.'' She giggled. ''Where's mummy and George?'' She pointed to the crowd. Ariana walked over to me, ''Where's Cayden?''

''How would I know?'' She frowned at me. 

''No wonder she hates you.'' 

''Whatever'' I shrugged, But.... does she hate me? really?

Ariana smacked her forehead and I followed her gaze. To Cayden. She was in a very simple hoodie and a jeans, her curly hair fell over her shoulders and as always no make up. In short, she was gorgeous.

''What the hell are you wearing?'' Ariana whispered

''What the hell are you wearing?'' Ariana whispered. But, Cayden smiled.

''clothes'' She said in Duh tone and rolled her eyes.

''It's a birthday party, you idiot.''

''Not my birthday. No one's going to look at me.''   NO ONE??!! Is she blind?

She waved Ariana off. ''Hello, Carter. Missed me?''

'' In your dreams, Cayden.'' I grinned.

******************************************

CAYDEN POV

I hated crowds and here I was in one. Ariana was pretty disappointed in me. Who cares what I wear? The twins whose names I learnt- Zara and George were cute little creatures. But something seemed strange. They were unusually quiet. Kids aren't that way. Especially during their birthdays. 

''Cayden!!'' Bryan pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

''Jeez, Bryan, we met today. Didn't we?''