Chapter 15 - Hey, its fine.

''Rose, what would you do, if big men broke into our house?'' My dad sat me on his lap and pulled my 17 year old sister closer. I hummed, thinking.

''I would hit them with mama's pan and kick them away. Easy.'' I smiled widely and dad just chuckled. Lana smacked her forehead and pulled my cheeks. '' You are just 10, little girl. You can't fight. No girls can. So, scream as loudly as you can when someone enters.''

I scowled at her, ''Why can't girls fight? I will not scream like a baby. Never in my life.'' I shook my head vigorously. ''But you are a baby.'' 

''Lana, stop annoying the girl.'' Dad sighed as he saw her sad face. He pulled her into a hug and whispered an 'It'll be okay'.

''Daddy, why will the big men come here?'' 

''They wanted to borrow your gummy bears, rose.'' He scratched his eyebrows. And my eyes widened.

''What? I will not allow that. No way....'' I tried to continue but Lana covered my mouth and carried me away, laughing.

''I want to spend my time with you as much as I can, Cay.'' She gave me a sad look.

''Why?''

''Because I may not stay long.''

''In this house?'' She shook her head.

''In this world.'' 

********************************************

I shot up from the couch and looked around panting. I wiped the sweat of my face and grabbed a water bottle. Carter was still asleep on the bed. I grabbed my phone and called Fred, not caring about the time.

''Cay?'' His voice groggy from sleep. I stayed quiet.

''Is it one those dreams, Cay?''

''Not a dream, Fred. A memory.'' 

''You can't stay like this forever, Cayden. I hate to see you like this.''

''I know.''

''Where's your boss?''

''Asleep.''

''I am not asking you multiple choice questions, Cay. What did you both do?''

''Work'' 

''That's it. Bye.'' I chuckled lowly.

''I promise. We did nothing.''

''Okay. Tell me when you do.'' 

''Asshole''

''I heard that''

''You were supposed to. Okay, bye. Thankyou Fred.''

''Anytime, baby.'' He hung up.

I leaned on the couch and stayed that way until the bright light barged in through the window.

*******************************************

I turned back like a whip as someone smacked my butt. To find the same man I met yesterday.

''Look, I seriously don't know who you are. But I do know, that you will soon find your nose crooked'' I glared at him but he raised his hands in surrender and laughed. 

''Then go on a date with me, gorgeous.'' 

''Leave out of my sight, Max . Before I do what she suggested.'' A fuming Carter emerged from behind the door. ''If I see you again, that is exactly what will happen.''