Chapter 16 - I'm here. For you.

CAYDEN POV

We sat next to each other with him holding me so close as I would disappear.

''You don't have to, Cayden.''

''But I want to.'' He nodded that he was listening. I took a deep breath and started.

''My sister was 17 and she had to give a speech for some charity event started by a billionaire. It was all over but he got his men to follow her everywhere. Finally he called my dad to his place and asked for my sister. He wanted her. So bad, that he started blackmailing when she refused. He... He was a play boy and troubled her where ever she went demanding for sex. He ignored all her pleas and ordered my dad to hand her over within a few days or he would send his men to our house.'' Carter rubbed my arms slowly and I tried to concentrate on it.

''So, they forced themselves into our house and my dad put up a fight with them. They..... shot him. Right in front of my eyes. He...fell onto the floor. With...blood all over. His men went upstairs to grab my sister but they came empty handed. She was dead. She Killed herself.'' I whispered the last part and fisted his t shirt in my hands. 

''Cayden, you need to cry. Please.'' I shook my head.

''I can't. I've tried. He....He told me not to. And I didn't. Even during their funerals. They left our house, leaving behind two dead bodies. I had no one but my mom. She put me to sleep that night. I noticed she didn't kiss my head like she always did. And the next thing I knew in the morning was... She was gone. She left me all alone. She left me when I needed her the most.''

''I was put into an orphanage. I rarely talked to anyone. I was bullied at school and decided to join the martial classes. Just like he wished. I turned violent and it released me from the depression. Blood made me better and pain comforted me. I turned normal, just like I used to be. I stood up for myself and continued living my life.''

''But sometimes, I imagine how it would be if I killed myself too aft.....'' Carter pulled me away from him and crashed his lips on mine. I was too shocked to respond. ''Kiss me''  He growled and that is what I did. I kissed him back with equal passion. He soft lips worked on mine and I felt everything around me disappear. I wound my hands around his neck and he had his hand through my hair and the other around my waist. I had never been kissed like that. He poured his anger into the kiss and it left me afraid. We pulled away after what felt like hours, breathing hard.

''Don't ever say that. Ever again.'' He barked between his breaths. ''Do you know how badly you scared me? I never imagined to see you like that. You might be broken, Cayden. But you are the strongest woman I have ever seen. I am not just telling that to make you feel better. I promise, there are a lot of people who care for you. You just have to leave your past behind and deal with the present. I know that it's difficult but you've got to try. And I also know that it's not right to say it's okay because it's not. Whoever says that, they're lying.'' 

I pulled him back to me after his small speech. ''Thankyou. I needed that.''

''Anything for you, kitten. Let's go back to sleep.'' kitten? That's new.

''I can't. I never seemed to fall into sleep after those.''

''How often do you get them?''

''Almost everyday.'' He gasped.

''So, you're saying you rarely sleep?'' I stayed quiet at that. He picked me up bridal style and put me on the bed softly and laid down next to me.

''I would fight those dreams for you, Cayden. Go to sleep. I'm here.'' He kissed my forehead and stroked my hair until my eyelids forced closed. I heard him mutter something as I was pulled deeper into the sleep.