Chapter 13 - Barbies!!!

CAYDEN POV

Have you ever felt stupid or guilty listening to your childhood incidents? That too, narrated by your exaggerating parents? You wish the ground to swallow you up. Right? That is exactly what the siblings are going through tonight. Carter and Ariana sat next to me on my either side while Ben and Casey sat across us with a tinge of red in their cheeks.

I'd develop abs soon if I had to laugh this way everyday. The twins chuckled along with me.

''And where on the Earth did you learn to fight, young lady?'' Frank demanded.

''I teach Martial arts in an institute.''

Ben gasped,'' That's ..... so coool. I think I I'm in love with you.''

''Ben'' Carter warned and Ben raised his hands in surrender. 

'' Then I guess you spent your life in detention room'' Casey. Smart girl.

''Yep. Lots of broken noses, dislocated shoulders and fractured bones.'' I rubbed my hands together trying to look like an evil little child. Everyone laughed out loud.

Clary rolled her eyes, '' And here I thought my sons were the only humans who could cause mess.''

I noticed something else as the boys protested. 

''Iron man, What's the bruise on your cheek?'' The laughter died down. He looked at his mom and she nodded. 

''Sarah and I get bullied in the school bec... because we don't have a dad.'' 

Those words knocked the air out of my lungs. Mt throat went dry and I felt Carter's comforting hands on my knees. I knew how they felt. The feelings and pain was still raw. I swallowed and took a deep breath. With a smile on my face, I lifted the kids and sat them both on the coffee table, so that they were facing me. 

''We don't have any friends.'' He told. 

I touched the purple mark lightly, '' I had to go through the same thing.'' 

They looked up in surprise. '' Really?'' I nodded. 

''What did you do?'' 

''I pushed them away. Hard.'' They looked at each other. 

'' You know princess, you don't have a dad.'' I smiled at her. '' But you have a lovely family. You have kind grandparents, strong mother, 2 funny uncles to play with you and a sweet aunt. And you have me as your best friend. What do you need more?'' 

I flicked his nose, ''This is the time you need to be strong. Not only physically,'' I tapped his chest, '' In here also. How about I teach you to defend yourself? Come on, you're Iron man. Where are your powers? Show me your muscles.'' I tickled him. 

''But, Cayden, I don't have powers. I'm just a princess.'' Aww 

''But you're princess Elsa. She has powers, right? Now who wants a piggy back ride?'' They squealed and jumped to their feet pulling me with them. 

I internally smacked myself for calling them to play. I held a barbie doll in my hands and stared at it. 

''Cayden!! You need to dress my baby. Here, take this yellow one.'' I groaned. 

''Well Well. I see someone's enjoying.'' Carter leaned on the door, his arms folded over his chest. Aaand, he was smirking at me. I pleaded him with my eyes to release me from this horrible situation. 

''Angel, Cayden is still not helping barbie.'' Sarah gasped and ran towards me. 

That son of a bitch. I glared at him. He shall pay. Uhhh... I sound like some villain. Maybe.. Only for him.