Chapter 8- Deserved it

CAYDEN POV

I hadn't slept the night. My head ached and I was too tired to move from my table. I wasn't hungry at all. I'm sure as hell, I look like some zombie that escaped from movies.  Moreover, the idiot who I call boss, was annoying me as hell. He was giving me loads of work. Papers, papers and more papers.

''Cayden, you okay?'' Bryan entered the office.

''Yeah, just headache. What's wrong?''

Carter spoke now, Where did he come from? '' Nothing's wrong. We're going for lunch and we want you to join us.''

I shook my head,'' Not hungry. You guys go.''

''I didn't ask for your permission, Miss jones.''   Arrogant bastard.

''And I didn't accept your invitation, Mr. Williams.'' 

''You are supposed to follow my orders.''

''Only in business and this is far from business.'' Bryan looked back and forth like it was a tennis match. But he walked towards me and spoke sweetly,'' Cayden, I know you're not hungry but you can't stay that way for the whole day. Please?''

I sighed. I can't  refuse him. Can I? He grinned as I stood up. Carter looked at me with a neutral face. What the hell is his problem?

''HOLY SHIT!!'' Bryan shouted. I turned quickly, my shoulder crashed with Carter's and he cried out loud like a baby.'' What the hell are you made of?'' I smirked. ''Same shit you are made of.''

''Enough both of you. What wrong with your hand?''

''Whose hand?'' I asked looking at Carter's hands.

''Not his, you dumbass. Yours.'' Oh. that.

''Uh, yeah. Um.. I.. cut it when I was cooking.'' I stupidly told them and they gave blank looks indicating they didn't buy it. 

*******************************************

''Cayden!'' 

''WHAT?'' I shouted for the hundredth time. They have been pestering me for so long that I wanted to punch them. I haven't seen anyone else's  face today except theirs.

''It's late. We need to leave.''

''ok. Bye'' I waved them off and continued my work.

''I meant all of us.'' I looked up at a grinning Carter.'' I'm dropping you''

''I have my own car. Thankyou very much.'' I spat.

''Jeez Cayden, I'm trying to help. Your car seems out of reach for the moment.'' What the f*** is he saying? Do cars move on their own? 

I realised what he was saying as I looked at my baby in horror. The tires were punctured .

''You idiot! Why would you .....'' He pulled me by my arms and I grabbed Bryan's arms pulling him with me. I was thrown into his car.

''Am I getting kidnapped?'' I huffed in anger. Bryan shook his head.

''Good. Because you'll be dead by now.'' I was quiet the whole ride. Carter cracked some silly jokes to which Bryan laughed. Like hell. But they weren't funny at all. Boys and their stupid jokes. I got out as the car stopped in front of my place.

''Looks like someone's grumpy today.'' 

''Bye Cayden!'' Bryan. I kissed his cheek, ignoring Carter. But he continued.

''No kisses?  Are you on your time of the month?? '' That's it.  I punched him square in his jaw. Bryan gasped while Carter looked at me with wide eyes.

''That was for puncturing the tires.''  I walked off.

***********************************************

CARTER POV

What the actual f***? She punched me?

''I knew you were going to get that sooner or later.'' Bryan clutched his stomach rolling in laughter. I just glared at him.

''It didn't hurt, you know?'' He still howled.

''Really? what is that bruise on your jaw then?'' Shit! Already?

''Just help me cover it up, Bryan.'' I said as I walked into my house with my back toward the dining hall, where the others were seated. I prayed that they wouldn't notice me. But unfortunately I was a tall and a well built man.

Stop showing off and RUN!!

''Carter?'' My mom called. Oh. no. I squeezed Bryan's arms.

''yes mom?'' I asked without turning.

''Carter, look at your mother when she talks to you.'' My dad ordered. I know!! What am I? A kid?

But I did. Ari and Casey gasped. My dad frowned.

''Did you get in a fight, Carter?''

''No. Um..'' I thought quickly.

Bryan interrupted, '' He was punched. By his assistant. He deserved it though.'' That idiot. He was supposed to save me. I glared at him as he slowly inched away from me.

''Cayden?'' Ari asked. Bryan nodded vigorously. And the room erupted in laughter. Great. That's exactly what I needed.

You just received a punch. Don't over react.

''I am tired. I'm going to bed.'' That was embarrassing as hell.  She didn't have to punch me.

Yes, she did

whatever.