Chapter 2: The Kitten Love

When Silverstream and Gallus arrived at the classroom, the rest of their friends were already there.
The bell rang; luckily Professor Fluttershy wasn't too strict on creatures being at their desks when the bell rang.
Silverstream sat next to Gallus, and she took out her notebook.
"Good morning students! Thank you for coming for the extra credit. Some of you may not know this, but taking care of an animal is just like friendship!" Professor Fluttershy said, looking around the room.
Silverstream liked Professor Fluttershy's classes, but she knew that Yona loved them. Yona was very... friendly.
"So that leads me to this extra credit assignment; you will all be taking care of kittens! You'll be fostering them for 4 days. Fostering means you'll take care of them, but you won't actually own them." Fluttershy exclaimed, picking up a box with kittens.
"YES! They look so cute!! I want them ALL! Just one question, can I take them all?" Silverstream asked excitedly.
"Kittens? But those things are so small and delicate!" Smolders huffed, crossing her arms.
"Yes indeed they are, but I'm happy to say that not all kittens are gentle. Some need more love than others in order to get to that loving side," Fluttershy explained. "Now, one creature at a time please."
"YES, can I go first?! Me please!" Silverstream said, enthusiastically raising her arm.
Fluttershy nodded, a beckoned Silverstream to walk up to the box.
When Silverstream got up to the box, she squealed. They were all so cute!
"Um, I think I'll pick..." she looked, and pointed at a white, fluffy Persian. "This one!"
"Great choice, do you have a name?" Fluttershy asked.
"Marshmallow! I've tried one once at Professor Pinkie Pie's class, and they're DELICIOUS!" Silverstream said, walking back to her desk with her new kitten.
"Hey, not a bad choice, except I think it might hate me," Gallus whispered to Silverstream, Marshmallow hissing at him.
"Gallus, you're up next!" Fluttershy called out.
Gallus walked up to the box. "Ok, which one of you guys is least likely to claw my eyes out?"
They all looked up at him innocently. A gray cat with amber eyes mewed at him.
"Awww... I mean, uh, I guess I'll take this one," Gallus said, picking up the gray kitten.
"And it's name? Yona no want a pony name for her kitten!" Yona called out.
"Um, Tree. Wait no... uh... Birch," Gallus stammered. He looked nervous.
Birch? Oh well, not all of us are perfect at naming things... let's just hope he doesn't name our kids bad names... Silverstream stopped that last thought.
Ugh, silly me! We might not even be end up together. But if we did, would we be married, and...
Silverstream blushed profusely.
"What's up with you, are you ok? I read in one of my books that-" Ocelus said nervously.
"No, no I'm fine, don't worry," Silverstream reassured her.
The rest of the picking of the kittens went by quickly. Not surprisingly, Smolder picked a calico cat full of spunk. Ocelus decided on an orange tabby. Sandbar got a silver tabby.
And Yona... well Yona got a brown tabby that scratched up her face.
After class, the friends decided to walk back to their rooms, to bond with their kittens.
"Hey, I really liked your cat's name, maybe you should've helped me pick mine's. I don't think Birch is an ideal name," Gallus said sheepishly to Silverstream.
"Awww, it's ok! Birch is an awesome name! I don't even know what a birch is!" Silverstream said in her happy attitude.
Gallus silently chuckled. He said goodbye.
Yay I've actually updated this! I was debating whether to stop this book or not, but I love this ship I just have to continue.
Stay safe and love the otters!
🦦🦦🦦