Eleven

I was busy preparing the breakfast for me and Jungkook and I just couldn't hold myself in anymore. I needed to make a remark about the fact he was sitting across from me, in the morning. It hadn't happened before. 

      'I think it's the first time you stayed for breakfast' I burst out with a soft smile. I wasn't too sure how he'd respond to this sudden remark. Jungkook first stared at me but then he looked down sad.

    'What?' I asked, as this wasn't any of the options I'd considered as his reaction. Perhaps he'd laugh it off, or he'd say I was too attached or anything but a sad reaction? 

No, I had not taken that into account as one of his responses. 

He sighed   'I always leave that early because I take care of my little sister, I always make sure I am home before she wakes up.'

I stared at Jungkook, not entirely sure what to say. He had never shared personal information like this before and suddenly he did. 

Plus he took care of his little sister which in a way I hadn't thought of him for and in a way it made a lot of sense. He was way more caring than someone would expect him to be, but after his worry for his friend, I knew he had such a caring nature. 

Without saying anything at first I put the plate with the eggs and toast in front of him.

     'Oh, what uhm happened to your parents?' I eventually asked with hesitation. I was afraid he would perhaps push me away again if I was being too nosy. 

     'They are both alive....' he started but then he shook his head

     It's a long story' he added and I knew my question had been too much. 

There was a silence again. 

      'What's your sister's name?' I asked trying to talk about something not as deep as the reason why he was taking care of his little sister. 

       'Her name is Lana' he had this little smile, it was pretty cute that he looked that way when he mentioned his sister. 

       'Ah that's a pretty name' I replied, as I thought it was. 

Jungkook started eating his toast and I also hesitantly started with my eggs. There was so much I wanted to know, so much I wanted to ask. 

But I didn't want to pressure him.

      'Do you want me to put concealer on the bruises on your face?' I asked looking at his face.

He looked surprised but positively surprised. He nodded   'That's actually a good idea.'

      'Don't be so surprised, I have good ideas sometimes' I replied with a chuckle. 

      'You're amazing you know that?' he mumbled slightly as if I wouldn't hear it. My cheeks turned red so I quickly turned around. I didn't want him to see that.  

      'Would you perhaps want to come to my house when you checked on Jimin? You can let me know how he is doing?' Jungkook asked nervously. 

      'Your house?' I was rather stunned; he never invited me to go there.

        'Yeah, I'll text the address to you.'

After breakfast, Jungkook went home and I took an Uber to the hospital. I arrived at the place and headed towards the reception as I had no idea in which room Jimin was actually staying. 

      'I am here to see Park Jimin'  I explained at the reception. 

       'And who might you be?' the nurse asked suspiciously. It was good they checked the visitors, to be honest, I could have been part of the gang that attacked him in the first place and I was here to finish the job.

       'I am Park Momo, his sister' I replied 'I came as soon as I heard, apparently it happened yesterday but I just got the call from my mother.' I bullshitted the whole story, as I discussed and practiced with Jungkook. Often, only family is allowed to visit, therefore I should act as a close relative of Jimin's. 

 I started to act panickily, producing some fake tears in my eyes and I was breathing heavily. 

       'Alright calm down Momo, take deep breaths.' the nurse instructed. 

       'I am sorry, I just want to know how my brother is doing' I indicated with tears in my eyes.

      'okay I'll take you to him, it's okay.'

I followed the nurse, still keeping my Oscar-worthy acting up.

      'He is in here, but be aware, it can be shocking' she opened the door and this time no acting was needed to appear affected by what was in front of me, as I saw the boy completely beaten up.

There was this thing going in his mouth, a breathing machine.

       'The breathing will be taken off shortly but your brother took a pretty bad hit.'

        'I will give you some privacy' the nurse said and I walked towards Jimin. I sat down on the chair that was next to his hospital bed. I squeezed his hand, I leaned forwards and whispered to him.

        'Jungkook and the others are safe, they wanted to be here but it could be an ambush. Just hang in there Jimin.. you are going to make it.'

I felt how he squeezed my hand slightly and this anxiety completely filled me up. I didn't even know him, but I felt this pain for him. 

When I sat in the Uber to go to Jungkook's that anxiety I experienced before became only worse. 

What if this had been Jungkook? He was there, he was part of that gang and their activities. 

I arrived at the address Jungkook had sent me via text. It wasn't in the best neighborhood and the house matching with the house number on my phone was rather decayed from the outside. 

I rang the bell and a young girl opened up. I figured that that would be his little sister. 

     'Hi can I help you?' she politely asked. 

      'Hi, I am here to see your brother' I replied but as a response, she only frowned at me.

      'Lana who is it' I heard Jungkook's voice and he appeared in the doorway 'y/n.'

He turned to Lana 'go play or something, okay?'

Lana obediently nodded her head and left. As soon as she left I immediately hugged Jungkook tightly.

      'What's going on y/n? how's Jimin doing?' he asked agitated. I could imagine he was anxious because of my action. It could mean Jimin was doing badly but that wasn't the reason why I embraced him so desperately. 

       'Jimin is in a bad state but not in any life danger. He can probably leave the hospital after a few days.'

He now hugged me back tightly as well 'that's great news, thank you so much for checking y/n, it really means a lot to me.'

I leaned backward and so did he. Without any hesitation, I kissed him

      'That could have been you' I said feeling how tears filled my eyes.

I froze.

Fuck y/n get a grip, this guy is not your boyfriend.

I stepped back, releasing myself from him. It was better if I leave now, safe myself from any further embarrassments.

     'Uhm yes that's what I came here to tell you, so I guess I'll go now.'

I made the movement to leave.

     'You could maybe stay?' Jungkook asked carefully.