Twenty Two

I heard the familiar chuckle and as I looked up I met Jungkook's eyes. I gazed into those dark eyes,  that, putting it dramatically could stare right into my soul. 

   'Well this gives me some birthday deja vu' he stated.

    'Except for your cigarette falling on the ground,' he looked down to where my cigarette was laying. 

He then reached for his jacket and got out a packet. He handed me one while I still looked at him wide-eyed. Even though I really wanted to talk to him, ask him what he was doing here. What was going on etc. I didn't formulate a particular question. 

   'Jungkook, I .. I don't understand' I eventually was able to stammer. 

He scratched the back of his neck. 

    'Yes.... Perhaps I should have let you know I would be here, but it was better this way. I mean you being surprised and also it would give me a chance to explain in person.'

I didn't say anything as a response. Waiting for him to elaborate on the explanation. 

   'I told you I had a plan' he indicated. 

Tears started to form in my eyes. I couldn't help it. It confirmed he was here for me, still after all these years. So it wasn't just me that felt that way, that had held on to the memories we had together. 

       'Hey don't be sad angeleyes' he said, his arm was going up to caress my cheek but it quickly went down again as he probably realized where we were. 

  'How did you do it? become a CFO?' I asked him. 

Jungkook looked away, into the city in front of us. As we were on a high level of the building the view was quite nice. 

   'I never told you who my dad was... He is the CEO of Jeon investment corp.'

  'Wait. You are the son of Jeon Soon?' my voice was shocked, pretty much reflecting the way I was feeling. Jeon Soon was a known and respected businessman. Everyone in our circles knew of him, he was ruthless but a just CEO. I thought about the stories Jungkook had told me about his father in the past. How he had abended his mother and his family. It didn't fit with the stories I had previously heard about the man. 

Jungkook turned his gaze back to me and nodded

   'When I finished my studies before I was in the gang and before we met, his plan was to groom me as his successor. However then the whole affair thing came to light and my dad also was never so involved with Lana's life and I realized we needed to get away from him, he was a selfish toxic man.'

  'But you returned, why?' I asked naively. He did tell me not even a minute ago that he told me had a plan. 

    'It was part of the plan. The only way to get you back.' 

His stare was intense as he stated those words, yet I felt comforted. 

I quickly looked away as I felt my cheeks fluster. 

It had been seven years, and it felt as if my heart had been frozen for seven years only to come alive again now.

   'Are you happy with him? I mean do you love him?' Jungkook asked with a slight pain in his voice and I knew he was talking about Henry. 

There was a silence. 

  'I adjusted' I replied not answering either of his questions. 

  'Did you forget about me?' he then asked insecurely. 

    'if there was a way I could, I might have taken it but there wasn't' I replied. 

He stepped closer. 

   'I really want to kiss you right now'

I stumbled backward, my back hitting the wall I just leaned on for support. 

   'You can't' I replied but in all honesty, it was also what I really wanted him to do right now. 

  'I know' he said disappointed. 

   'but kook what about my dad? He is here what if he recognizes you?'

Jungkook sighed

   'Yes the thing is your dad only heard about a boy Jungkook that was seeing his daughter, he didn't even know what I looked like or my last name.'

   'What?' for some reason it still shocked me, his actions, I mean sending a boy to jail without knowing anything about him, not even the way that he looked. 

    'yeah well he is going to know my name and he will regret it.' 

     'What do you mean?' I asked confused and Jungkook was about to say something but we were disturbed by a familiar voice. 

   'Sir there are people that would like to meet you inside' I saw Jimin and as soon as he saw me, his smile appeared, he quickly came closer and lowered his voice

   'y/n, finally! It's so good to see you again.'

   'you too Jimin' I said again with tears in my eyes. 

   'hey don't get sad now'  Jimin said as a response then he looked at Jungkook

   'yeah I should go, uhm remember what I said y/n. I have a plan' he turned to leave but I grabbed his wrist, he looked down at my sudden unexpected move.

   'I uh'

I wanted to tell him I didn't stop loving him but I choked on my words

   'I know y/n, me too' he replied as if he read my mind and I let go. 

The remainder of the evening I tried to ignore Jungkook's presence, not because I didn't want to talk to him or to see him but to make sure I could behave normally. His presence affected me so much and if it was seven years ago and I was with him at an overly fancy party, I'd spent most of my time next to him. But the reality still was that I was here with my husband. 

Henry and I stayed until the end but luckily Jungkook had left earlier.

It was finally time for us as well to leave. I was super quiet during the car ride home, still numbed by the fact I saw Jungkook again. The quietness of the car ride was almost forcing me to think about what Jungkook's plan was. 

  'I think it was a successful evening, don't you think darling?' Henry asked and I silently nodded in agreement

   ' it was good to meet jeongguk, he is the same age as me. I think it's quite impressive he became a CFO this early in life. Though his father being the CEO helps of course' 

  'hmm' I nodded in agreement but not really expressing my opinion on the matter. 

   'Did you see the tattoos on his hand though?' Henry asked 'it doesn't really suit a groomed man like himself.'

   'hmm' I replied again. 

   'You talked some time with him outside, what did you talk about?' Henry suddenly asked and I turned my gaze from the window towards my husband. 

  'oh uh about Busan mainly, like what university I studied and stuff.'

   'very good'  'It's good you have something in common to get close to him'

I smiled softly while nodding, yes something in common. 

if only he knew