Twenty Six

'Yes of course' I replied without emotion.

He opened the door and my eyes trailed to the bag in his hands. Tiffany & co,

Shocker...

I wondered what he bought for me this time.  This was how it always went. He loses his control and thinks that buying some fancy present will make it all better. 

He sat at my bedside while looking down, guilt written all over his face. 

'I am really sorry about yesterday, it really hurts me to do that, I lost control I didn't mean to get it so bad.' he said while getting the package out of the bag handing it to me

'I know' I replied, he did this every time though, probably will start crying in a minute

'y/n, you know I really do love you' he said and as predicted tears were forming in his eyes one rolling over his cheeks

'I know' I again said while unpacking the box. There was a whole damn set in there, earrings, necklace and bracelet.

'It's beautiful' I said trying to sound convincing. To be honest I just wanted him out of my room as soon as possible and he would only do that if I seemed somewhat forgiving and grateful for this makeup present. 

The truth was that I didn't give a shit about the fucking jewelry. They could take all my jewelry for all I cared if that meant that I could have my freedom. That I wouldn't be stuck in a house with a man that I did not love and that I on multiple occasions had feared. Because I was scared, what would happen if he really lost control? 

'I am glad you like it' Henry said kissing my forehead

he got up 'can we have dinner together? I asked the maid to make sushi, your favorite'

I nodded with a fake smile and got out of bed. Unfortunately, this acting had to continue for a little while longer before I could retreat back to my own room and enjoy my solitude. 

Jungkook
pov

It was late and I was still occupied in a business meeting with our Seoul business partners. Being the CFO brought a lot of new responsibilities and additional work. Eventually,  at 22:00, we called it a day and I was ready to go back to the hotel. I was pretty exhausted from working more than twelve hours straight but I really wanted to know if he had been able to give the package to y/n and also on how she had reacted to my present. I smiled to myself thinking about that night in which I stopped by her place and she was watching Civil War while drinking her ridiculous expensive whiskey. 

I guess from that moment on I knew she was a keeper. 

When I arrived at the hotel, I saw Jimin drinking soju at the hotel bar. It was rather odd, I mean I asked him to meet me, but I hardly saw him drink by himself like this. I took place next to him on the stool. He, I don't know how to explain it, but he tensed up when I sat down. I gestured to the bartender for a whiskey and he quickly put it in front of me. 

     'So did you deliver the package?' I couldn't hide my curiosity. 

Jimin nodded  'hmm'

    'How is she doing?' I asked in anticipation.

Jimin didn't say anything but sipped his glass. The atmosphere was weird as if Jimin didn't want to talk, like he hid something.

     'Jimin what's going on? Is she really ill?' I asked anxiously because he had texted that she had a sick day off and he would deliver it to her house.

He shook his head, but he still didn't say anything. I only heard a hmm from his so far. I started to lose my patience as he obviously knew something I didn't, and he wasn't sharing this information with me. 

     'Then what the fuck is going on?'

Jimin stared ahead.

     'He hits her.. Like he abuses her.'

There was this shock going through my body.

    'What do you mean?' I uttered out. 

    'There were bruises all over her face' 'I asked her about them and she told me it wasn't something she couldn't handle. She didn't even deny it was him.' 

I balled my hands in response, I really had a difficult time controlling my anger.

How dare he touch her.

I thought about y/n, I felt in a way she was perhaps in a good marriage like loveless but good that comforted me in some way but this only made my anger heighten. She was trapped in an abusive one. 

It already struck me she was more careful and more fragile than she was 7 years ago but with a dad and a husband like that who wouldn't be? 

I took a big sip

    'Thank you for telling me' I said to Jimin.

     'What are you going to do?' he asked while looking sideways to face me. 

'I am going to call our old friends'

y/n
pov

The following day I also stayed at home, hoping the visibility of the bruises would fade soon. 

I did work again, just remotely. Whenever I had a meeting I had the camera off, with the excuse that I was looking unwell. 

I looked at the clock and saw it was already 20:00, it was nice to focus on work. It kind of was an escape from all the other stuff that was going on. 

Henry hadn't indicated he would be late tonight though so that was rather strange. He would always at least let me know something even if it was a lie, he would tell me if he'd come home late.

I turned my laptop off and took place on the couch to watch the ant man DVD Jungkook had gifted. It was still heartwarming how he got me a copy with the signatures on it. He really knew how to move my heart. 

It became 21:00 and there was still no message from Henry.

My phone suddenly rang. 

Speak of the devil

I quickly answered the phone

       'Hey, where are you?' I asked

    'Miss Lee?' I heard, but it was not my husband's voice who said it. 

   'uhm yes?'

    'I am agent park from the Seoul police department. I am sorry to say that your husband was robbed, The perpetrators were pretty violent.
' He is in the hospital'