Chapter 5

Sarawat and Boss got to Kukrant beach around eleven in the morning. The day was very sunny making the temperature high. Despite this, a refreshing summer breeze that blew across the expanse of the area made the heat more bearable while it dispersed that mild scent characteristic of the sea throughout it.

Kukrant Beach was a beautiful beach of fine white sand surrounded by a sea of blue crystal-clear water. The waves produced by the wind emitted a soft as well as relaxing murmur as it struck, almost imperceptibly, the shore. There weren't many people on the beach at that time, even though the day was ideal for a stay there.

"This place is beautiful!" Boss remarked while his eyes gazed at the scenery, fascinated by the beauty of it.

Sarawat nodded in agreement, though somewhat amazed at the tranquillity of the new location they were in. Had this been Bangkok, the beach would have been packed with people. He then quirked an inquisitive eyebrow as he watched his friend take off the sneakers he was wearing, also removing his sucks, and then sink his feet into the sand. Seconds later he started groaning in pain as he jumped. The feeling of the soles of his feet being burned by the sand not very pleasant.

"Shit! It's so freaking hot!" Boss screamed and then ran off into the sea. "Ahhh, this is better," he moaned with relief once the cold salty water made contact with his feet, soothing the sting that the sand had previously caused.

Sarawat watched the scene in disbelief as well as amusement. His friend's childish attitude caught him off guard.

Boss suddenly plunged into the sea. Fully clothed. Sarawat blinked a couple of times, shocked by the action, yet decided to go and see what had happened to him.

"Dammit!" Boss exclaimed getting up immediately and rubbing his eyes, trying to keep the salty water that soaked his hair and face from reaching these.

"What happened?" Sarawat questioned once close, but not close enough for the waves to catch up with him.

"I tripped," Boss replied sulkily. "Shit, my wallet!"

Sarawat frowned, trying to suppress the laughter that threatened to come out. "How? With what?"

"A fucking rock," Boss mumbled under his breath as he emerged from the water, totally drenched, and began to walk towards a post on the beach. Now too fed up to notice the burning hot sand on his bare soles.

Sarawat just curled his lips into a half-smile, amused, and followed him. They arrived at the post and Boss sat down on a white wooden deck chair.

"Here you go," Sarawat said putting his friend's shoes right in front of him. "Is your phone okay?"

"Yeah, it's waterproof," Boss replied as he pulled out everything in his trouser pockets, making sure nothing had been seriously damaged.

Sarawat watched him as he stood with his arms crossed over his chest, shaking his head. There was a discreet mocking grin on his face, though he tried not to laugh.

"It's not funny," Boss commented upon noticing his friend's expression.

"Was I laughing?"

"You're dying to do it, I can see it in your eyes," he rebutted in a slightly raised tone of voice, indicative of his anger.

Sarawat furrowed his brow in annoyance. "Hey, I didn't tell you to go dive into the sea. So, don't take it out on me."

Boss snorted without saying more, he knew his friend was right. He then took off the now soaked shirt he had on and began wringing it out, trying to get rid of all the water it contained.