Chapter 7

The singing of the cicadas resounded in the tropical forest on that hot summer evening along with the soft noise emitted by the footsteps of the two people who were there. The scant sunset light passed through the tops of the trees, seeping through their trunks and, given its dim intensity, gave the forest a somewhat gloomy atmosphere. Despite this, the two teenagers walking down a narrow path didn't seem to be not even a little fearful or concerned about the fact that it was getting dark in a rather dangerous place like a forest.

The boys walked at a calm and nonchalant pace. One of them kept his head down, his gaze engrossed on the footsteps of his feet alternately moving along the ground covered with a carpet of leaves and fallen dry branches that crunched with each step he took. Then he focused his attention on the fair-skinned hand of the individual who was in front of him and had been holding his wrist throughout the journey as well, guiding him on the way. His eyes traveled the length of the hand, up the bare arm, and stopped at the back of a raven hair. The owner, upon noticing the look of the elder in his being, turned his head as much as he could and directed a smile so contagious that the other boy couldn't help but return.

"We're almost there," the younger teen informed in a soft voice and then turned his gaze to the front.

Moments later they arrived at a small waterfall that at its foot, through a stream, flowed into a lagoon of crystal-clear water. A relaxing serenity reigned in the place as there seemed to be no other living being but the two of them in it.

"... Beautiful," was the only thing the elder managed to say as he scanned the expanse of the area with his eyes, marveling at the beauty of it.

"Mhm, not many people know about this place so I assure you we will be all by ourselves," the minor said with an impish smile.

Suddenly he began to undress without a shred of shame, starting by taking off the loose olive-green sleeveless shirt he was wearing. The elder was delighted at getting the chance to observe the already familiar pubescent body, although raising a questioning eyebrow.

"Let's take a dip," the younger cleared up, as if he had read his mind, while he neatly folded the shirt to then place it on top of a rock near the shore. He did the same with the rest of his garments until he was finally in his underwear.

"Is it safe?" the elder inquired in a somewhat worried tone, his gaze now set on the body of water.

But the younger teen turned a deaf ear as he raced to the edge of the lagoon, jumped up, and dove into its indigo-blue waters.

Seconds later his head emerged from the lagoon, "Get in already, P'Wat. What are you waiting for?" he incited with a smile capable of competing with the rays of a summer sun. His face full of playful anticipation as he stayed afloat.

The older teen's lips curved into a side smiled and he, forgetting the previous question he asked, began to undress, also leaving his clothes on the same rock that the younger ones were on, with the difference that his were unfolded. Once he was in his boxer shorts, he ran to the shore and plunged into the cool water. As he emerged, he passed a hand over his face, brushing away the remaining substance as well as his now wet hair from it. He focused his gaze around and his brow furrowed when he did not see the younger teen.

"Nuisance?" he called out as he turned around in search of the minor. "Tine, where are-"

He didn't get to finish the sentence since something pulled him under the water, causing him a rather intense start. He quickly emerged from it and began to cough out the small amount of liquid he had inadvertently inhaled. Out of nowhere, he started to hear a scandalous albeit melodic laugh and the older teen turned to where it came from, finding the missing boy. He looked as if he was about to run out of breath at any moment due to how intensely he was laughing.