O-Bento

Character lunch is what Carmela is going to. She even bought an authentic bento lunch box to get that effect. Sadly, her taste palette and her stomach is not Japanese so she can't really eat raw food so some are omitted.
Instead she made a meatball and small hotdog(cut like a small red octopus), egg roll, some vegetable side dishes and rice.

As she realizes that her bento is just plain bento she tries to make animal shaped ham and actually it works out just fine.

"Husband,chibisuke." The smile on Carmela's face is vibrant.

"What did you do?" Daryll frowns.

"Ehh? Hidoi,how are you so cruel to my maiden heart?"

"We are married." Daryll sighs.

"Ah. Right~~~ Morning Kiss?"

Daryll blocks her face with his palm.
"Let's eat breakfast." He said that he is not as cold as before.

"Mom, what are those boxes?" Carla asks.

"This is yours and Papa's bento."

"Bento?"

"Packed lunch~ I made it with all my heart and soul so eat everything!" She said as she rubs Carla's head but actually looking hopefully at Daryll.

Daryll looks at the two who are still doing their comedy act.
"Are you still not eating? I'll start without you."

"Akkk! Let's go Chibisuke!"

"Hai~~" Carla said with a smile.

Daryll's lips are twitching.
He suppressed it so they would not notice.

"Stop teaching the child so many weird things."

"Husband, don't be racist." Carmela said with a frown and disappointment.

Daryll got a bit angry with that.

"I am not. Where did that come from?"

"Those are nihongo words, you know. They were precious words from your wife's painstaking memories as I watched anime and read mangas over the years. It is not weird. You are teaching her english. It's the same principle." Carmela shakes her head.

Daryll suddenly pinched her cheek.

"Don't get cocky with me. When will she use those words in her daily life? She is just a child so don't confuse her."

"Ouch~~ Ouch. No violence. No violence!"

Daryll smiles as he lets her go

Carmela pouts as she rubs her cheek.

"It's something you use everyday if you watch anime everyday! What if she starts reading and she reads manga? That will be embarrassing if she starts reading it from the right to left you know! So I am tempering her from young."

"I had no idea what you were talking about. She will be better off not knowing." He said and started drinking coffee.

Carmela silently put her utensils down

"Husband, 'saying, 'I can change' is just admitting defeat in order to adapt in this cruel world so that you can be its slave.It's no more than deceiving yourself and decorating it with pretty words. Is what a great person once told me. So I won't change. I will stay like this. I might get you in trouble but I will persist. Cause I don't want to get beaten yet."

"What are you saying? Seriously, you are so weird." Daryll sighs.

"Hikigaya Hachiman is the man that knows the inside and outside of my very core. His words are like holiness to me." Then she smiles. "I am really weird but this is the real me."

Daryll smiles and rubs her head.
"Since when is this the real you? But no! Don't teach Carla those things." Daryll takes his hand back.

"Akkk!" Carmela sighs.
"Hai~~~~"

"In exchange, if she grows up and has the same hobby as yours, I will not object to it."

Carmela smiles happily

"Husband, you are the best in the world!!"

"Yes.yes so eat quickly, I'll drive you to your location today."

"You are the best! I almost can't believe you exist in the real world as someone like you mostly appears in 2D!"

"I will take that as a compliment so just eat."
Daryll shakes his head.

Carla also happily claps her hand.

"This time, you won't get another husband right Mommy?"

The two freeze.

"Eh? What husband?" Carmela frowns

"That lost guy....You said he is your husband."

"Ah...Zoro-sama? Ahahaha. That is actually---"

"I see. So that is why you lost interest in the actor because you have your new target huh." There is something cracking.....

"H-husband??? That is actually.."

Daryll stood up. 
"Forget it. I will bring Carla to school...You.....Call our driver."

"Waiiittt! It's a 2D husband. It's not infidelity!I swear!"

Daryll stared at Carmela's pleading eyes and almost burst into laughter.
But he held his laughter and shook his head.

"Here I thought you changed already."

"Ah! Husband!" Carmela grabs Daryll's arm.
Their eyes locked at each other.

Suddenly Daryll's phone rang.
When Daryll reached out to get his phone, Carmela saw the name of the caller.

Joyce.

Carmela,self aware, let go of his arm.

"Well, must it be a date?"
Carmela lost her enthusiasm but still flashes a smile.

Daryll frowns.
He is about to explain that Joyce is just a client but he stops himself.

Carmela knows that he has a girlfriend.
Though they act like they are friendly, just before, Carmela and him have no good relationship.
It is a bit awkward to explain the situation.

"I'm going to answer this." Daryll said and walked away.

Carla tearfully tugs Carmela's skirt.
"Mom, did I do something bad?"

Carmela stops staring at Daryll and laughs.
She pinches Carla's cheek.
"No. It's good that you made mother remember her place. I almost got carried away."

"......" Carla feels that even though Carmela is smiling, there is the lack of enthusiasm as before.

When Daryll came back, Carmela already left and Carla was away playing in the park.

There is no bento waiting for him.
No note.

It's like he is back to his usual life.

Somehow, his mood plummets.

***

Carmela saw the director and handed over the bento box.

"Is this for me?"

"Director, today is the last day I am working for you. I just thought of making you a special lunch box though it's not a fancy one."
Carmela smiles.

She refused to give her hard made lunch box to an unlawful husband!