The Color White

I picture Damon's house to be similar to the picture above....

This chapter is dedicated to the_dreamweaver thank you for all the support! It means a lot!
____________________________________

"He had beautiful eyes, the kind you could get lost in and I guess I did."
-S.B.-
____________________________________

Chapter 3: The Color White

I've always wanted to be like my mother but growing up I realized I'm more like my father. My tempter has always been difficult to control over the years. I constantly found ways to get in trouble at school whether I wanted to or not. I guess I was born to be a problem child. If I were more like my mother I would be kind and soft. She always gives me the best advice and pushes me to do better especially when it comes to my short temper. She is a florist and my dad is a painter. Her style of parenting has always been done assiduously whereas my dads parenting focused on tough love.

My mother would always tell me "your father grew up in a poor home please understand" and "flowers grow out of dark moments" when I would complain about his cold behavior. I noticed a lot growing up which definitely influenced me in bad and good ways. I feel like I always craved a relationship with my dad that I knew I wouldn't get and it breaks my moms heart. So I know she tries her best because of me. I know she grew up with my father so that's why she's so understanding to him. I just wish he would understand his family the way we understand him.

Today I'm going over Damon's house for our first tutoring session and I'm not too thrilled. When Damon first heard of the whole arrangement he was indignant. As the week progressed he become more accepting of the deal though. We argue everyday as expected but still I've been able to keep him on track so far. I decided I wanted to start by tutoring him in biology since that seems to be where his lowest grades come from. Surprisingly he had very exceptional grades in English and math.

One thing I couldn't stop thinking about last night was whether his parents will be home or not. I'm still curious to see what kind of people they are since Tom obviously will do anything to stay on their good side. I wonder if they are rich? They have to have some kind of money to own the school. And if that's the case I don't see why Damon fucks around all the time.

"We can study for two hours then I have to go home." Damon opens his front door with his house key and motions for me to come inside. Why do I feel some type of bad energy already? Could I just be nervous?

"That's fine with me. Two hours is way more time studying than I wish for." I step inside his house and luckily no one is sitting in the living room.

His house is neatly organized with shoes lined up by the front door and hardly any mess anywhere in site. I look around and notice a giant bookshelf filled with different books. All organized. He has a long white fuzzy couch with white carpet and white chairs on both sides of the couch. In front of them is the tv stand, which is also ironically white displaying a giant tv sitting on it. His parents must like the color white.

"I really like your house." I am amazed when we walk into the kitchen which has a red and white marble table with matching red and white stools. My eyes wander around the whole room before I turn my attention back to Damon who is unfazed by my amusement.

"Thanks I guess." He awkwardly scratches the back of his head, "my moms favorite color is white and my dads is red." He tells me and opens his refrigerator.

"Are we studying here?"

"Yeah no one goes into my room." He warns me in a serious tone. Looking into his eyes I can see that he means this. His deep blue eyes are captivating and urge me to stay lost in them but he snaps his fingers in my face before I can do so.

What in the world am I talking about? I must be turning crazy.

"For someone that hates me you sure do stare a lot." He remarks revealing his muscles when he shuts the fridge door. I see him pull out two bottles of water and he handles me one.

Taking a good look at him I notice he is remarkably good looking. I always thought he was attractive but never took the time to notice. His shiny black hair makes him look intimidating and dark in a sexy way. The darkness of his hair also reveals his deep blue eyes that resemble the ocean. If anything, his eyes are by far his most redeeming quality. Aside from that I can actually see his lips now. They are full and pink. I can't help but stare at him in awe even though I shouldn't. His face is defined and he has slight facial hair growing that only makes him look more mature and devious. He just screams bad news and heartbreak. No wonder every girl is obsessed with him.

"Are you done?" He asks snapping me out of my thought causing my cheeks to turn a bright red. I blink the embarrassment away and gain my composure again.

"I can't help but look at how displeasing your face is. It really amazes me." I report trying to pull off the lie hoping he didn't catch on. I mean really, I shouldn't be thinking of him in that way. I'm supposed to hate him. He's rude and careless.

"Yeah sure Danielle. You looked at me like you wanted me to kiss you." He smirks at me, inching closer. Stepping back I hit something hard and realized I'm backed into the marble table corner. I turn around to hide my flushed face from him.

"As if. Get away from me." I warn him trying to sound sturdy but I fail. My voice comes out weak sounding as if I were actually fazed by his words and actions. But maybe I am...

Maybe tutoring wasn't a good idea...

"I make you nervous." I feel him touch my waist from behind me and I jump. Hard.

He starts laughing. Genuinely laughing.

"What's so funny?" I turn around after he gives me space again. Now I feel stupid. How did we go from arguing all week to this?

"You try so hard to hate me when in reality you like me just like every other girl."

"I definitely do not like you. Have you forgotten this whole week?" I remind him suddenly offended. Why would I like someone like him? He's so different than I am. The thought of actually liking him angers me. It would never happen.

"No but I do think your starting to warm up to me. Just know I won't do the same. Let's get this tutoring over with." His voice goes back to the cold distant Damon as I expected. His laughter stops and he doesn't joke around the rest of the time. We spend the last hour and a half going over biology.