Enter Kade, The Real Player

I picture Kade as Avan Jogia.

This chapter is dedicated to ilovetowriteromance thank you for the comments and votes! Your always supporting me!
____________________________________
"Some people like to call me cocky or arrogant but I just think 'how dare you assume I should think less of myself'"
-Ronda Rousey-
____________________________________

Chapter 8: Enter Kade, The Real Player

"Your Danielle right?" His chocolate brown curls are spiraled with perfection and his eyes match. There are also tattoos running down his arms.

Ah. I see. The second to last four.

Too bad I don't remember his name either.. He's actually very attractive to me. Maybe even more attractive than Damon.

Ugh no Danielle focus.

"Yeah what's up?" I answer him shutting my locker after grabbing my gigantic history book. Today was the day Megan and I decided to study for history.

"I wanted to ask you if you wanted to hang out sometime?" He flashes me an award winning smile but it doesn't work for me. I can't help but wonder if this is a set up. What are the chances that Damon's friend wants to hang out with me?

Wouldn't Damon be mad?

No that's impossible.

"Hang out? What do you have in mind?" This totally seems weird, "Why all of a sudden?" I mean seriously I don't even remember his name plus I don't need to be going on dates with Damon's friends.

None of my interactions with the fours have been what I had expected, especially this encounter but at least Dylan didn't approach me like this. Not that Damon was any better...Is this Kade or Ryan?

"Let me take you out to eat. Don't worry Damon won't mind he's not interested in you anyway."

Okay wow thanks...

"I don't know what to say.." I hesitate feeling embarrassed for some reason, "I don't even know your name." Finally I am able to get my words out.

'Just because he's cute doesn't mean you have to be nervous' I remind myself.

"I'm Kade I honestly figured you would know that since you tutor Damon." He seems intrigued. Unlike Dylan the look in his eyes show that he wants to play. I am not sure how to feel about him.

"No I don't know why y'all assume that I'm going to know your names." I roll my eyes and he smirks in response. This reaction he already had expected. They must have told him about me.

I never see him at school either? What do they do in their free time?

Do they make it a point to approach me on the days that they do attend school?

"You really are feisty just like Dylan said." He chuckles, "I like it." This sends chills down my spine and not in a good way.

"Uh whatever-uh" my words struggle to form their way out of my mouth. God this is embarrassing.

"I didn't think you would be easily flustered by me. It's amusing." He steps closer to me placing his hand beside my head on my locker, "so what do you say? Is it a date?"

"Definitely not. Especially not with that attitude." I look at him in disgust. He might be cute but I cannot let his presence intimidate me. I am way too good for this.

"Really? Well I'll change your mind." He sounds confident, too confident in fact. If only he could see how stupid he looks right now. Stupid and attractive...

Maybe I'll play along...it won't hurt anything right?

"You know what I change my mind. Let's go on a date." I try my best to give him a smile so that he will believe me and luckily he does.

"I knew you would come around." He steps back, pulls out a piece of paper from his pocket, and hands it to me before walking away. After unfolding the paper I see it's his number written in tiny black ink. He was confident about it for sure.

Sucker.

____________________________________

"Kade asked you on a date???!" Megan didn't take my news lightly, in fact this is all we have been talking about since I got to her house.

"Yes for the tenth time. Now we really need to study." I attempt to keep her on track but she just babbles on about the fours. I guess no studying will happen today...

"Kade is so fucking hot! How are you calm about this??" She screams in excitement and jumps on her bed.

"I don't trust him. He already seems to have bad intentions. Plus didn't you tell me to stay away from them?" I remind her of the time when we first met.

"I told you to stay out of trouble thats wayyyy different! Bad intentions or not you better take this opportunity!" She is dead serious which scares me.

"Do you really think the fours are that important?" I ask her feeling very uneasy. Yes they are attractive but I don't see why it's such a big deal. There's hot guys everywhere in the world they aren't special.

"Yes and I know you do too because why else would you agree to be Damon's chaperone and why would you agree to go on a date with Kade?" She wiggles her eyebrows at me suggestively and I narrow mine at her.

"I told you I only agreed to play with him!"

"Uh huh keep lying to yourself." Hahaha okay maybe she's right.

"See I knew it!" She yells and her curls bounce everywhere as she jumps on the bed, "Damon is going to be so jealous!! I'm so excited!"

"He definitely will not be jealous."

____________________________________

"Your going on a date with Kade?" Damon asks me as soon as I enter his car to do our tutoring. Wow he didn't waste any time. I guess Kade told him already.

I don't see why it's any of his business anyway.

"Yeah so?"

"Why? You don't even know him." He spits at me. His whole attitude seems off today for some reason. Is this about Kade?

"I want to get to know him." I shrug. It's none of his concern anyway.

"Bullshit. What game are you playing at?" He seems more pissed off, gripping the steering wheel harder than before. When I look at him he has this look on his face that is almost unreadable.

Shouldn't he be asking Kade these questions instead?

If I didn't know how much Damon hated me I would have thought he was jealous.

But he can't be.

"I'm not playing any game Damon," I roll my eyes at his behavior. He really does act like he's my dad or something. I didn't even think he would make this into such a big deal, "I think he's cute so I agreed to go on a date it's that simple."

He slams on the breaks almost running the red light. My body is thrown foreword and my forehead hits the window.

"What the fuck?!" I scream at him rubbing my forehead. When I look at him, he's already looking at me and the look on his face scares me.

"I'm taking you home. We aren't doing tutoring today." Gritting his teeth he turns away to face the road and I can't help but spend the whole car ride wondering if Damon is actually jealous or not. Am I overthinking?