Chapter # 1

...The heart beating for someone else, seeks more tranquility than anything else as the ravage of it, destroy lives and even after being shattered, it will still beat, because it beats for someone else...

I am Jessica Morgans, I'm 22 years old. I am studying business accounts so that I can help my father in future for his company. I have dark brown hairs accompanied by my green eyes. My height is average.

I always lived my life fulfilling my parent's wish not because they forced me but I love it when I see their faces glimmering in happiness. I loved my parents a lot. I have always avoided bad companies ever since my childhood. Maybe that's the reason I don't have a boyfriend but I am not complaining, I believed that one day, I'll meet the charming prince of my dreams so I am not whining. I am happy.

I am humming to myself, swinging my legs. My mother was pacing around the house in anxiety,

"Clean it thoroughly." She said exasperated. I stood up and hugged her from behind.

"What happened that you are so stressed?" I asked sweetly. She rub her temples and sighed,

"You know, Your Uncle Edmond Lennard is coming with his family."

"So what's the big deal in it?" I asked.

"You don't understand. It's a friendly family dinner not a business dinner. What if their family is not to our liking? I don't want to take any chances. I'll make everything perfect." She said as sweat rolled down her forehead. I sighed and made her sit on the sofa.

"Okay, I get it woman. Don't worry, I'll handle it you just don't tire yourself. I don't want anyone to say that; look how old she is looking." I said. Mother gasped as she quickly stood up.

"You are right. Elena! Take care of everything, I am going to take rest." Mother said as she left.

"Yes, Madam." Elena; our head main bowed a little as I chuckle and went out,

"Elena, I am going out with my friends, I'll be back before dinner." I said and also went to meet my friends.

I went to see my friends, Katie and Lucy. They were waiting for me in the cafe, I went to them as we greeted and took a seat.

I sighed and put my palm on my chin.

"What happened Jessica?" Asked Katie.

"Father's friend is coming with his family and mother is so aggravating about it." They nodded.

"Oh, By the way, who's coming?" Katie asked again.

"Uncle Edmond with his family."
"Oh, I know them." said Lucy which made me to eye her from the corner.

"I mean their son Aiden, he is really handsome and friendly, I think you guys will get along." Lucy said.

"Hmm" I replied in an uninterested tone.

"Or maybe fall in love." Katie teased. I narrowed my eyes at her and said, "Tell me, how many times I 'fell' in love."

"None." They both said in disappointment.

"Right. So take this thought out from your head." I said poking Lucy's head and Katie's. They sighed,

"I hope a miracle happens this time.." I gave them my neutral look as they changed the topic and we began to take as the time flew by and before I knew it, night came. I realized that I was late, I quickly said goodbye to them and went home.

Thankfully they have not arrived yet. I sighed and went to my room. I took a quick shower and wore a blue lacy dress and applied a little makeup.

I went down and saw them greeting each other. There are three people just like us, except they have a son. If I recall Lucy said his name was... what was it? Anyways, I'll ask.

I smiled decently and shook hands with them.

"Edmond, She is my daughter. Jessica."

"Hello." I said politely.

"Hello my child. James, your child is really sweet. Dear, she is my wife Amber and my son Aiden." I exchanged looks with them as the woman Amber, called mother,

"Fiona, Your daughter is really beautiful. I can see she has your looks." It's true my looks are the same as mom's. I turned my gaze and looked at Aiden who was smiling at me. I smiled back. Well, Lucy is right, he is handsome but not appealing to one's heart. He has slightly messy black hairs with amber eyes like his mother. A normal built figure with a fair complexion and a really tall height. 

"Just like you and your son." Mother smiled as she chuckled.

We then left for dinner, I took my usual spot as Aiden sat beside me.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hi.." I spoke faintly.

"Nice to meet you Jessica. I hope we can get along." He said sweetly. I just smiled in return.

"By the way, how old are you? I'm 25"

"22"

"Oh, what are you studying?" He surely is talkative

"Business Accounts and you?"

"I have just got my degree in it and now I am helping dad." He said, taking a bite. He is really friendly. He kept on talking non-stop. But I liked his company. He is a good guy. His talks are really interesting, after talking to him I felt like we are so different from each other, he is a mature person who is very practical about life and I am not, I'm a chill person who enjoys every moment of life. He likes hip hop music, I like classical dance like Waltz. We even have different perspectives on life. He says we should live it fulfilling our dreams and be strong enough to overcome obstacles and I felt like we should enjoy it like it's our last day. I believe we should live our life to its utmost joy, life is short to be worried.

But, even being this different, I kinda like him.

"Pass me the jug." He said, taking another bite. I passed him the jug of water and then I noticed his feature closely. He is genuinely handsome. That beard is making him more exquisite. But what caught my eyes was his prepossessing Amber eyes. I smiled as I complimented him,

"Your eyes are so beautiful Aiden.." He laughed a little as a dimple appeared on his cheeks. Cute. I found myself losing in his aesthetic features.

"Thanks." He turned his head away so do I.

The rest of the dinner was good.

"It was nice to meet you. I hope we can meet again, can I have your number?" Aiden asked.

"Yeah. Sure." We exchanged our numbers as they left.

....That's how we met and that's how my not so fortuitous love started...