Chapter # 3

I just can't understand my feelings, whenever I look at Aiden my heart begins to beat fast as I feel flapping happiness inside of me. My blood began to hum and I felt all the things around me stopped and my mind can comprehend nothing but him and him alone. Just by hearing his name caused me to feel strange sensations. No matter how hard I try, I can't explain how I feel towards him. I feel so connected to him. Like nothing in this world can make me feel this blessed. I just can't understand my feelings, I never felt like this before. It's been six months since I have known him but it seems like six lives to me. The more I try to isolate myself from him the more I get closer to him and the feelings are getting stronger by each passing second.

Looking for the answers, I called Katie and Lucy to help me. I sighed as they asked,

"This is the fifth time you are sighing. Are you gonna tell what happened or not?"

"I am not feeling good.. I feel strange." I finally breathe out. They seemed bewildered.

"What kind of strange?" Lucy asked.

"My heart beats fast. My body shivers when he touches me. I felt blood rushing to my cheeks. My whole being felt fond of him. A feeling of affection for him. Just lik-"

"Woah, Calm down and tell who are you talking about first?" Katie asked.

"Aiden. He made me feel strange." I whined. They both gawked at me for a second and then burst into joy.

"What?!" I was confused.

"Finally our Jessica is in love!" Lucy shouted- gaining everyone's attention. I pinched her as she winced and sat down.

"It can't be. It feels so weird." I said holding my chin. Katie gave me a side hug and said putting her hand in the air like imagining.

"Look girl, You're in love. You feel attracted to Aiden. And you both seemed cute together. Although you guys are very different, who cares. You love, that's what matters."

"But.."

"No but. You just need to find it out by yourself. Don't worry we are here for you. Explore your emotions and when you realize it's love. Confess to him before it's too late." This time Lucy said giving me a side hug.

"But what if he refused?" I asked timidly.

"I'll break his bones. No problem." Katie said casually.

"Katie!" I scold her.

"What? I am right. You got the looks, not the brain but the heart that can melt even ice." Katie said.

"Should I take it as a compliment?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Of course love! Just do it!" Lucy said, excited but I felt slight startled. I nodded hesitantly.

Am I really in love?

Filled with these obscure thoughts, I went home and saw Uncle James and Aiden talking to Father. My heart began to beat fast when my gaze met Aiden's. He passed me his usual sweet smile that enhanced his beautiful features with his dimples. I smiled back and walked in,

"Good Afternoon, Uncle, Aiden." I greet them. Uncle patted my head to give me his blessing as Aiden stood up and held my hands. My eyes widened as a blush crept upon my cheek,

"Jessica, Help me." He said- no plead.

"What happened?" I asked, perplexed. Uncle James sighed while father laughed. I was baffled by their actions.

"You see Jessica, I am a very bad dancer and I need a partner for today's ball father is taking mother out so I have to attend it on his behalf and I have heard that you are a very great dancer, please help me." he said desperately. I passed him a nervous smile and pulled my hand away from him unwillingly and the moment my hand pulled back, I craved the warmth of his touch again.

"Okay.. I get it. I'll help you, you have helped me too." I said tugging a strand of my hair behind my ear shyly.

"Thank you. You are best!" He shouted in blithe with his eyes glimmering in hope. His yellowish-brown eyes always made me lose myself in them. I averted my gaze from him and took a step back wanting to put my racing heartbeat to normal.

"Uh.. Do you want to practice now or should I guide you through the dance." I asked. He put his index finger on his chin and replied, "I am really bad and I mean it so I don't think the practice can help me so you guide me in the dance, okay?"

"fine by me."

"Okay then, I'll pick you up at seven. See you. Thanks once again." He smiled widely as I smiled back and he left. I passed my uncle a sweet smile and excused myself.

***

I looked at my reflection in the mirror, pleased with my looks. It's not that I want to bewitch Aiden in my charm... just a little but, ah well forget it.

I wore a black backless mermaid gown, it hugged my curves perfectly. I applied a little makeup and wore matching jewellery with it. I looked overall pretty.

I walked out and went to my father's study to ask him how I look, I entered and saw Aiden there too. I passed him a smile and asked both of them, "How do I look?"

"So graceful, just like your mother." Father said.

"Show yourself to Mother too, she'd love to see you like this." Father said. I nodded and turned to Aiden, he stood up and offered his hand. I slyly took it as he kissed it slightly, "Seems like I have the main attraction coming with me." His words made my heart skip a beat as I felt so elated. My content is beyond any words. I melt in his sweet words.

After showing my dress to mother we went to the ball.

We entered, I wrapped my arm around his as he said slowly to me, "Believe me, this is going to be the most boring night of your life." I giggled and replied, "I know. Father used to take me to these stupid balls."

"I'm glad I have you with me. Or else I would have died from boredom." He said.
We introduced a few people who mistook us as a couple and I felt bad that it's not reality when I want it to be! Wait what?

The time to dance came as we went to the dance floor. I put my hand over his shoulder and he seemed confused, "On my waist." I whispered. He put his one hand on my waist and held my hands with his other one.

"One step forward." I said we took a step forward.

"One backward." And he did.

"Turn me." He turned my around.

"Two steps back." He stumbled upon my feet as I let out a yelp. "Sorry." He said, apologetically narrowing his exquisite eyes.

"It's okay. I was already prepared for this situation." I smiled.

"What do you mean?"

"I wore sneakers so that it doesn't hurt when you stumble." I smirked. His eyes widened as he looked at my feet. I lift my dress a little so that he can see my shoes. We both tittered as he said, "Good."

We then began to dance. I got so lost in the music as the harmony pulled me so close to him. I felt like my being is connected to him and some strange sensations of deep satisfaction took over me making me glow.

"Pull me close." He pulled me close as our bodies met and my heart began to race, the feeling of fondness evoked by him is bliss. The rapture to have him with me, the everlasting sensation of his touch. The euphoria to have this benediction of dancing with him is making me feel like cloud-nine. The music ended as I lifted my gaze and met him. At this moment, I turn oblivious to all the things around me, like nothing but these pools of pearls existed for me. Feeling connected to them. I breath out,

"Your eyes are fascinating." He smiled and pulled us away- too much to my discontentment.

"Thanks." He said with a sheepish smile.

I watch his back while taking a sip of my drink. He was talking to some guys. The sensation of his touch tingles on my skin, giving me profound gratification. An eternal feeling of yearning for him emerged from me. Losing myself in the bottomless pits of love that lead me the way to his heart, I finally understood...

I am in love.