Chapter # 12

Aiden POV:-

Upon hearing that, I excused myself and went to see Jessica. I entered the club and saw her senseless. She is not even aware of her surroundings. She has lost it. I walked to her and she smiled upon seeing me. 

“Come Jessica.” I said averting my gaze from hers because I am feeling ashamed that the reason for her this form is me. 

“I can come to the depths of hell with you.. but you don’t want me to be with you.” She said she was drunk. She is not even aware of her own words.

“Let’s go.” I said and took a hold of her hand and took her out of the club. We sat in my car as I asked,

“Why are you here? It’s so late.” I said rubbing my temples.

“I don’t wanna go home~” She whined cutely. I turned to look at her. My heart skipped a beat when I looked at her like this being so childish.

“Why?” I asked her.

“I met you here! I don’t want to go to anyplace where I met you, including my home.” She fake cried. I continued to look at her feeling deep compassion for her. She seemed so broken beyond repair.

“I want to go far away.. from you.” She said slowly. 

“If I get out of your life?” I asked.

“What about my heart?” She counter questioned which left me speechless.

“Let’s go home.” I said and drove to her place. 

We walked out as I wrapped my arm around her waist and walked inside and saw Uncle and Aunt looking concerned,

“Oh Jessica! You made us so worried. What happened?” Aunt asked.

“Nothing Aunt, She is just drunk. I’ll take her to her room.” They nodded as I took her to her room. 

I place her on the bed and stare at her aesthetic features for a while. A smile crept upon my lips as I felt butterflies in my stomach but then my lips curved downwards sadly because I feel like I am her culprit. The one who made her like this.

“I am sorry.” I said with in-depth emotions and pulled away from her face and turned to leave but she held my hand. She just held it weakly. No words were spoken between us as the silence spoke louder than our words. I turned and looked at her. She was holding my hand while her eyes were closed. She was panting, trying to not to cry or say something perhaps- I don’t know. I moved closer and again began to stare at her and soon she fell asleep and let go of my hand as I wished to feel her warmth. Wait what?

A strand of her hairs falls on her face. I moved my hand close to her face wanting to tugged that stand behind her ear but I stopped my hand mid-way. I bit my lips and curled my hand in a fist and pulled away.

I have no rights to touch her in her sleep.

I stood there, thinking where I should go or leave. But the way she held my hand is enough for me to stay with her. I sat on the sofa and looked at her for the last time and laid on it as I closed my eyes and let a lull wash over me.

Jessica POV:-

I woke up in the morning with a severe headache and no comprehension of the things around me. I looked around with my narrowed eyes, who took me here? And my eyes fell upon the figure sleeping in front of me. My eyes widened when I saw Aiden sleeping in front of me. My heart skipped a beat as I tried to recall last night's events but no avail. I hope I wouldn’t have done something stupid. I swallowed hard and called him tentatively, 

“Aiden!” He, being a light-sleep, he slowly opened his eyes. He rubbed his eyes and turned his head to see me frowning at him. He quickly sat up as we both stared at each other for a second. I narrowed my eyes at him and stood up.

“What happened last night?” I asked. He also stood up and took a step towards me.

“You were drunk and I took you here and stayed the night here.”

“I see. Thank you for bringing me here. Wanna have breakfast?” I asked, emotionless.

“No. I just want to talk to you.” He said. 

“Speak?” I said closing my arms at my chest.

“What happened to you? You weren’t like this before. You told me too that we won’t be able to work out but still you showed.” He said.

“I showed what?” I asked in my icy voice.

“That you love me. You never said it but showed it.” He said as my heart clenched.

“Tell me what you want? Don’t push both of us deep in those abyss.” he said with a hint of anger in his voice.

“Don’t you know?” I said derisively.

“You don’t know what you want, how can I know that?” he defended. I just can’t believe him! He doesn’t know what I want? After countless nights I spend crying for him, he doesn’t know. After all this ravage my body, my soul went through, he doesn’t know? An intense feeling of disappointment and angry took over me as I scoffed, 

“Hah, Why would you know?”

“It’s not like this. I want you to say it.” How many times do you want me to fall into those bottomless pits of misery? After confiscating my feelings, I have no intentions of letting them out. You can’t break my facades.

“What do you want me to say when there’s nothing?” I exasperatedly asked.

“You are lying.” I let out an empty laugh and turned my back to him. I tilt my face and spare a glance at him,

“If you want to have breakfast, you are most welcome or else leave.” I said sternly.

“I will not leave not until I listen to your answer.”

“I have told you. There is nothing and will never be. Now leave.” I said with venom. He spared a last glance at me and left…

1 Week Later:-

I cannot take this anymore, if I stay here, I’ll turn crazy. I have asked my father to study further in California. I will leave New York all along with those undesirable feelings.

As I was packing my stuff, I came to know that Aiden broke up with Melissa. She is sad about it but I can’t help her. I have to help myself first.

As I was packing my stuff, I got a call from Aiden. I took a deep breath and picked up the call.

“Hey..” I said.

“Hi.. I heard from my parents that you are going?” He asked worried. An involuntary smile formed on my lips as I replied,

“Yes.. I was about to call you but you call first.”

“Why are you leaving?” He asked. I can sense the desperation in his voice but it’s too late.

“Since you can’t get out of my life, I have to do something. Aiden, I am tired. Exhausted. I cannot take it anymore. I need to divert my mind. I am going to London to continue my studies.” I explained to him.

“I hope we can remain as friends… at least…” He spoke faintly as I felt utterly heartbroken. His words tore my heart. We could be much more than friends. We were so much more that you let us be.

“I’ll try my best to forget you..” I said as a tear fell on my cheek and I cut the call leaving all this not so fortuitous love of mine behind…

…Even if I try to isolate myself from you, even if I put a wall between us my heart will always remain yours. You will always have my heart…