[07]

"I act on impulse and I go with my instincts." - Gordon Ramsay.

The Pevensies, the dwarf, who introduced himself as Trumpkin, and I, were all in the boat Edmund had rescued from the Telmarines, slowly making our way to the other side. Trumpkin, Susan, and Lucy were sat at the front of the boat, Peter was in the middle rowing and Edmund and I were sat at the back, with Edmund steering the boat. We all sat in silence, with solemn looks on our faces, seeing the World they once loved reduced to silence. I leant over the edge of the boat slightly playing with the water, with my fingertips. 

Feeling eyes on me, I quickly glanced at Edmund, and he snapped his head away so violently, I was worried that he'd break his neck. I didn't question his actions though. Lucy gazed up at the motionless tress, willing them to sway with her mind, but of course it didn't work.

"They're so still." Lucy said, not really aiming it at anyone. I moved my hand away from the water and looked up to where Lucy was gazing. As did Trumpkin.

"They're trees what did you expect?" Trumpkin deadpanned at the young girl. Edmund's frown deepened, and I reached up and took his free hand in mine. He was slightly surprised at first, but accepted my hand.

"They used to dance." Lucy replied gazing over the trees once more. Trumpkin averted his gaze from the Kings and Queens.

"It wasn't long after you left that the Telmarines invaded," Trumpkin informed them, his tone slightly disappointed. "Those who survived retreated to the woods, the trees they retreated so deeply into themselves they've not been heard from since." he explained.

"I don't understand, how could Aslan let this happen?" Lucy asked herself, in a soft tone of voice.

"Aslan?" Trumpkin asked questioningly. "Thought he abandoned us when you lot did." he explained. This caught their attention. Peter turned around in his seat and Edmund shifted uncomfortably. I gave Edmund's hand a squeeze, in hopes of giving him some comfort, which he returned. There was an awkward silence for a few moments.

"We didn't mean to leave you know." Peter informed him, trying to ease the situation.

"Makes no difference now, does it?" Trumpkin asked looking at the High King. They all looked down, slightly upset, feeling really sorry for accidently leaving.

"Get us to the Narnians, and it will." Peter said ready to avenge his people. 

We continued rowing down the gentle stream, until we made it to another beach, further into Narnia. I hadn't let go of Edmund's hand the rest of the way, and neither had he, when we came to a stop Edmund helped me out of the boat. Trumpkin tied up the boat, as the three older Pevensies and I hauled it out of the water.

"Hello there!" Lucy said cheerfully. We all turned towards her voice and saw Lucy walking up to a brown bear. I watched carefully, I knew the animals talked, but it had been a while since they had been in Narnia, so the animals might not be as friendly. Lucy didn't think of this, as she continued walking towards the bear. It stood up on it's hind legs, in a sort of hostile position. "It's alright, we're friends." Lucy tried to reassure it. The bear dropped back down onto all fours and growled slightly, as Trumpkin assessed the situation.

"Don't move your majesty!" he ordered, not taking his eyes off the bear. Lucy turned to face us, confused. The bear started running towards her, and she sprinted back towards her family.

"Stay away from her!" Susan shouted to the bear, drawing her bow. Lucy fell, and faced the bear, as it galloped towards her.

"Shoot, Susan shoot!" Edmund tried, running closely behind his older sister. Lucy screamed as the bear reared. Acting quickly, I grabbed Trumpkin's bow from the boat and shot the bear, saving my friend. It collapsed to the ground and my friends turned to face me, with surprised looks. Yes, I did that

I lowered the bow and handed it to Trumpkin, who took it and strode forwards.

"Why wouldn't it stop?" Susan asked.

"I suspect it was hungry." Trumpkin said walking past the girl, not sparing her a glance. We all quickly followed him, rushing to Lucy, who was still on the floor. Peter helped her up, pointing his sword at the bear, and Edmund was stood protectively in front of the now unarmed me, his sword also drawn.

"Thanks." Lucy said to the me, slightly shaken, still clinging on to her brother.

"Anytime." I replied with a reassuring smile and a small nod.

"He was wild." Edmund stated, staring at the bear carcass.

"I don't think he could talk at all." Peter said, glancing at Edmund.

"Get treated like a dumb animal long enough, that's what you become, you may find Narnia a more savage place then you remember." Trumpkin explained taking out his knife. He knelt down and slit the bear's throat. Lucy cried into her brother's chest, I grimaced. Although, I had been the one to kill the bear, I was still slightly sensitive to the violent action. Sensing this, Edmund hugged me from the side, rubbing his hand up and down my arm, to make me more comfortable. Eventually, I relaxed into his hold. 

Edmund changed the subject to get our minds off it.

"I didn't know you could shoot." he said to me, slightly impressed by my accuracy on the first shot.

"It's just one of my many gifts." I said smiling cheekily at him. Edmund playfully rolled his eyes, but kept the smile on his face.

"Where did you learn to shoot like that?" he asked curiously.

"Try growing up with three older brothers." I told him, remembering that they taught me how to swordfight and shoot a gun as well, how convenient, but I didn't have my own weapon yet, which I hated. I didn't like feeling useless. Edmund gazed down at me. 

We stared into each others eyes for a quick second, I would stare into his eyes all day, if I could, that would definitely be past creepy..

"Are you guys coming?" Peter yelled back to us.

We broke our gaze, then quickly scurried after the rest, replying with a rushed "coming", both of us not looking at each other, flushed the colour of a rose. Great more blushing.

(A/N Hope you enjoyed the chapter don't forget to vote xx)