[14]

"Our journey is demanding enough that the need for reassurance, as well as reminders is constant." - Neal A. Maxwell.

Edmund was shocked at the sudden action, but after a second he kissed back. The kiss was gentle and loving. All we could hear was each others' heartbeats, as fireworks went off in my stomach. Edmund's lips were soft and sweet as I had imagined them to be so, it was almost like a dream, I was on Cloud 9. On instinct, my hands reached into his soft, dark brown hair, and his arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer. Edmund forgot all about his other worries and stresses, it was like we were the only two people in the World. Both of us releasing the feelings we had buried for so long. After a while our lungs burned for oxygen, and we pulled back and looked at each other, lips slightly swollen and breath gone. 

"Wow." Edmund panted as he regained his breath. I shared his thoughts exactly. It was the perfect first kiss, and I couldn't imagine it with anyone else. "Wait what about Caspian?" Edmund asked still slightly breathless. I tilted my head confused.

"What about him?" I asked scrunching my eye brows together. 

"I mean, you're really close with him and he's handsome and brave and clever." he explained his eyes focusing on the ground beneath him. My expression softened, as I realised he was slightly insecure about himself.

"I don't like Caspian like that, he's practically my annoying older brother, and I couldn't ask for better than you. You put up with my snarky personality, with some amazing come backs yourself. You're the voice of reason, when Peter and Caspian lose their cool, you're there for them, doing a task for them without hesitation. You're his most loyal supporter. You're really smart, acting on logic and strategy. Your swordsmanship is absolutely incomparable, you are straight to the point, without teasing or unnecessary quips, and everyone trusts you." I ranted explaining some of the many reasons I had feelings for the boy, believe me the list goes on forever. He looked shocked that I managed to find that much about him. "Do you need me to keep going, because I can and will if I need to." I said looking up at him. Edmund laughed.

"No, no you're good." he stopped me, hugging me tightly. "So, Arabella Greene, would you do the me the honour of being my girlfriend?" He asked hopefully. A grin broke out on my face.

"Yes, yes. One million times yes." I squealed happily, pulling him in for another kiss. 

We sat on the grass together, and he slung his arm around me. "I think the Just King fits you perfectly." I laughed putting my head on his shoulder, leaning into him. "I don't think I'm even supposed to be here, I'm not a Queen, a princess or even a Narnian, I just came here by mistake." I sighed, playing with his fingers.

"Nothing happens by mistake, if you're here, then you're here for a reason. You do belong here, you've proved it. You are loved by everyone you meet. You're a strong fighter naturally, and people hold you up, when you need help, and do you know what the best thing about you coming here is?"

"What?" I asked lifting my head slightly to look at him.

"On this trip, I've learnt so much more about you, and I finally get to call you mine." he explained. I smiled and pecked his lips, I was happier than I had ever been. We sat peacefully and looked out over the Narnian landscape. On the horizon, lines of Telmarine men appeared, armed to their teeth. Fear set in my stomach. "We have to warn Peter." Edmund said, standing up, then he helped me up. Quickly, we made our way down to the Howe to tell Peter. 

"Pete, you better come quickly." Edmund said, leading him up to the top of the Howe. Standing together, we looked over the rising army of the Telmarines. I gulped and latched my hand onto Edmund's nervously. He squeezed my hand for reassurance, as we walked back into the Howe to discuss what we were going to do. 

"Cakes and Kettledrums that's your next big plan? Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest alone." Trumpkin growled pointing at Lucy, walking towards her.

"It's our only chance." Peter argued with him.

"She won't be alone." Susan added. Trumpkin walked over to Lucy, a worried look present on his face. I found it adorable that Trumpkin came care so much for the youngest Pevensie in a short amount of time. 

"Haven't enough of us died already?" he asked in a soft voice. 

"Nikabrik was my friend too, but he lost hope, Queen Lucy hasn't, and neither have I." Trufflehunter spoke up from where he was stood in front of Edmund and I. 

"For Aslan." Reepicheep said raising his sword proudly. 

"For Aslan." A bear stood at the edge of the room repeated. 

"Then I'm going with you." Trumpkin insisted, wanting to keep Lucy safe. 

"No, we need you here." Lucy said placing her hand on his shoulder.

"We have to hold them off until Lucy and Susan get back." Peter explained. I grew worried, knowing that could take quite a while.

"If I may," Caspian spoke up from the edge of the room. "Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer, but as King he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people. There is one in particular, that may buy us some time." He explained. He told us that Miraz would not back down to a duel between himself and Peter, and we all agreed it was a better idea, than just fighting a massive war, so Peter sent Edmund, Glenstorm and a giant to confront him.

"Peter can I go as well?" I asked. 

"I don't see why not." Peter agreed.

"No, she's staying here." Edmund argued standing up from where he was. "Stay here until I get back in a few minutes." he told me. "Under no circumstance follow me." he ordered me again, to make his message clear. As if that would work. After he left I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes.

"Like hell I will." I muttered, so only I could hear. 

"Will you follow him?" Peter asked genuinely curious to see what I would do.

"Of course." I replied, like it was obvious, and left in the direction Edmund went. I easily caught them up.

"I thought I said to not follow me." Edmund said, looking at me disapprovingly.

"You did, then I said 'like hell I will' then followed you." I told him. Edmund pursed his lips, but finally gave in, knowing we had gone too far, to send me back.

"Fine, but stay close." he demanded, as they walked towards the Telmarine army, white flowers of peace in hand. Not arguing with you there, Ed.

(A/N I know the gif isn't Narnia, but it helps you imagine it. I hope you enjoyed the chapter don't forget to vote xx)