Epilogue

"Goodbyes are not forever, goodbyes are not the end, they simply mean I'll miss you until we meet again." - Unknown.

*Two years after leaving Narnia*

Edmund and I sat together in front of a window, his arm around my waist, as I leaned my head back into his chest. We watched as the sky cried with rain, reflecting our own moods. Edmund had been told by his mother that her, Peter, Susan were temporarily leaving for America, so while they were away, he was being sent to Cambridge with Lucy to live with his cousin Eustace for a couple of months. Since then he's been spending every spare minute with me, barely leaving my side. I sighed and stood up, but kept my arms around him.

"I don't want you to go." I whispered to him. Finally acknowledging it was happening, I had avoided talking about it for the past week, but I knew we had to at some point. Edmund nodded into my shoulder.

"Believe me, I don't want to go either." he mumbled, the sound being muffled by my shirt. We stood there just embracing each other savouring the feeling of each other. After a long, but comfortable silence Edmund spoke up again. "I don't see why we can't just stay with your family." he complained, hugging me tighter. 

"I don't understand that either, we said you and Lucy were free to stay, but maybe your mum thought it would be too much hassle for my mother, but I guess it's good you're seeing family again." I explained thoughtfully. Edmund groaned, as I sat back down, and he put his head in my lap.

"It's Eustace, I'd probably get on better with a wild dragon." he muttered. I weaved my fingers through his hair, gently playing with it to calm him down. 

"Come on, he can't be as bad as you." I teased him. He sat up, playfully glaring at me.

"Take that back." Edmund warned, a hint of amusement tainted his voice.

"Make me." I challenged him. Smirking, he grabbed my waist and pinned me to the bed, straddling me, so I was stuck. Then he started tickling my sides. I laughed uncontrollably, not expecting the sudden movement. After a while I ran out of breath. "E-Eddie, p-please stop!" I laughed, as his fingers danced around my stomach. 

"Maybe, if you say Edmund is the best boyfriend ever and he is the sexiest man alive." he offered, still tickling me.

"O-okay, Ed-Edmund is the best b-boyfriend ever, and is the s-sexiest m-man alive." I struggled out, eventually. He got off me, and let me breath.

"See was that so hard." he teased, clearly pleased with himself. 

"Shut up!" I laughed, nudging him.

"Ow!" he complained. I turned to him with a raised brow.

"What now?" I asked, looking him up and down.

"Your elbows are sharp." he exaggerated. After a few seconds of silence, we broke into uncontrollable laughter, not stopping, until we were called down for tea.

--

The day for Edmund to leave came around quicker than either of us could've ever expected, and Edmund being Edmund didn't pack until he was practically walking out of the door.

"Edmund, it's time to go!" Lucy shouted from downstairs. 

"Just a minute!" he shouted. I watched him run around his room, like his hair was on fire. 

"What are you doing? You're practically packed already." I asked, looking at his nearly bursting suitcase.

"I can't find my black hoodie!" he shouted in frustration. My eyes widened, and I stayed silent, fidgeting uncomfortably. I knew exactly where it was. Edmund noticed my silence and looked up to me.

"You stole it, didn't you?" he asked gently, I nodded, slightly embarrassed. "It's fine, I don't need it, you can keep it." he said kindly. A smile broke out on my face.

"Good, I mean can you blame me, I need something to remind me of you, it smells like you. Also I prefer the word temporarily misappropriated, I haven't stolen anything, you know where it is if you need it." I tried to explain myself. Edmund chuckled at my reasoning. 

"I'm afraid you're wrong there you have stolen something of mine." he started. I looked at him confused, urging him to continue. He smirked at my cluelessness. "You've stolen my heart, and it belongs to you, and only you." he explained. Ahh here come the butterflies. I blushed, biting my lip. Edmund was the sweetest boy alive, and I would be fine, if all I had for the rest of my life was Edmund.

"And you have all of my heart." I replied. He grinned like a child on Christmas, his eyes glistening. I could've swooned right there. He opened his mouth to say something else, but was cut off by Lucy shouting up the stairs.

"Edmund, we're going to miss the train!" she insisted. I smiled sadly.

"I want you to have this." I admitted giving him a ring that I made for him. He looked down at it and smiled. I fiddled with my hands nervously "I thought you should have something to remember me by, since I have your hoodie, but if you don't like it, or don't want it then that's fine, I'd totally understand bec-" Edmund cut me off by putting his hands over mine and holding them gently. He took the ring out of my hands and slid it on his finger.

 He took the ring out of my hands and slid it on his finger

"It's perfect." he admitted. I smiled shyly at him.

"Come on, hurry up!" came Lucy's voice from the bottom of the stairs.

"You better go." I murmured. Glancing at me, like he wanted to say something else, he zipped up his suitcase, and headed towards the door to put it there. He turned around and ran towards me kissing my lips passionately, it was the last time he would be able to do it for a long time. Before he could deepen it, Lucy shouted again.

"EDMUND, GET DOWN HERE NOW!" we broke apart, resting our foreheads together chuckling.

"I'll see you soon." he breathed, picking up his suitcase. "I love you." he revealed, and left through the door. I froze, it's the first time either one of us has used the word love. I wasn't nervous about it at all, I loved him, it was perfect, until I realised, I never said it back. I rushed downstairs to try and catch him, to tell him, but he had already left. I smiled sadly, unaware that I would see him sooner than I realised.