[12]

"Failure is simply an opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." - Henry Ford.

Edmund and I were flying towards the Telmarine's castle in the clutches of Gryphons, covered by the dark night sky. Silently, we made our way to the highest tower, where two Telmarine guards were situated on lookout. Jumping out of the gryphon's grasp I landed without a sound on the roof of the tower and Edmund landed next to me, quickly we ducked down, as one of the guards turned around. I looked down, seeing how high up we were made me slightly nauseous. After a few tense seconds, the gryphons grabbed the guards and Edmund and I dropped onto the watch tower in their places. I kept an eye on the door, as Edmund signalled the Narnians with his flashlight. After that we had to sit and wait. How thrilling

It got boring very quickly, so Edmund twirled his torch around his hand.

"Maybe you shouldn't do that Ed, you might drop it." I warned him, as he was getting closer to the edge of the tower.

"It'll be fine, I won't drop it." he told me confidently. After a few minutes, Edmund flipped the torch and dropped it onto the next level down. The sound of it hitting the bricks, alerted the two guards on that level. They came out onto the balcony, eyeing the silver torch on the ground. 

"It'll be fine he says, I won't drop it he says." I mimicked him.

"Not really the time." he told me, knowing I was right. Edmund and I slowly climbed down the steps I nearly walked past the window, but Edmund put his arm out in front of me to stop me, before I went too far. Watching from the window, we saw the guards turn on the torch, nearly blinding themselves and they started waving it about. Suddenly the warning bells sounded. "Stay here!" Edmund told me, as he jumped from the window to take on two guards. I stood shocked for a second.

"Like hell I will." I mumbled to myself, before rushing after him. I fought with one of the guards, as Edmund wrestled with the other. Taking his advice, I decided to keep my mouth shut and focus on the fight, which I was doing rather well in, if I do say so myself. 

"Now, Ed now! Signal the troops!" Peter shouted up to them, running across the courtyard. 

"I'm a bit busy, Pete!" Edmund shouted back, struggling with the guard at the edge of the tower. 

"What about Arabella?!" Peter shouted back up. I could barely reply, because I was so into the fight.

"I can't Peter!" I only just managed to shout to him. Grunting as the guard knocked me into a wall, I kept my blade up, as he pushed his towards my head. Taking a quick glance at Edmund, I saw he was unarmed. "Ed!" I yelled, and kicked his torch across the floor, towards him. He quickly picked it up and whacked the guard he was against, knocking him out. In this time, I kneed the guard against me where the sun doesn't shine and knocked him out with the hilt of my sword. Ed groaned, as he saw the torch was slightly dented from the guard's head, and tried many times to turn it on, bashing it against his palm.

"Come on!" he mumbled frustrated, as the torch refused to light up. He slapped it one more time and the light finally emitted from it, signalling the troops. From the top of the roof, I saw a line of archers aiming at the Narnians below, one focused on Peter himself. Without thinking, I pulled Edmund over to see, and we both slid down the roof, landing on two archers, pushing them over the edge. Peter looked up confused at the falling bodies, until he saw what happened.

"Ed!" he warned. Edmund looked up and saw the other archers, turning to point their crossbows at us. Acting quickly, he sprinted towards the nearest door, pulling me behind him, with a tight grip on my hand. At the last minute, he pushed me in front of him, and we dove to the floor, kicking the door shut, to avoid the arrows that dented the door, as they hit it. Edmund looked down at me.

"Are you alright?" he asked looking into my eyes, scanning me over for injuries. I only nodded unable to speak from one being breathless from running so much and two Edmund Pevensie was on top of me, I was grateful that it was dark, so it hid my deep blush. Ed, just noticing the position, blushed and quickly got off me, helping me up swiftly, but didn't let go of my hand. He lead me up some stairs, until we got to a door. Rushing through it, Edmund quickly locked it with his torch, as I turned around, looking around for an exit, seeing none, I called him over.

"Ed." I hissed. He turned around and saw the predicament. Walking up to an opening, and seeing the long drop to the ground. He knew it was a dead end. Telmarine guards charged up the stairs. Edmund and I whirled around, at the sound of new guards breaking through the door. After a moment of barging, two guards burst through the door, and Edmund pulled me back to his chest, keeping an arm around my waist, to keep me safe. The guards smirked.

"Tell you what, give us the pretty lady, and we'll let you go free." My breath caught in my throat at this remark, as Edmund tightened his grip on me, glaring at them. Stepping backwards, he nearly tripped over the edge, and looked back. 

"Do you trust me?" Edmund whispered to me, his breath tickling my neck, and his lips brushing my ear. I shivered and wondered what he was going to do, but still answered.

"With all my heart." I whispered back, repeating what I said in the train station. Edmund stepped up closer to the edge, bringing me with him, before falling off the edge with me. I didn't have time to scream, before I landed on the back of a gryphon, all of the air getting knocked out of me, from the sudden impact. After a minute of regaining my breath I glared at him. "Edmund Alexander Pevensie next time give me some warning!" I shouted at him, nearly screaming at the sudden drop, clinging onto him tighter. Edmund laughed.

"Hopefully there's not a next time." he said holding me back tightly, so I didn't fall. From the gryphon, we looked down over all of the Narnian's still trapped inside the castle from the failed attack. I frowned, quickly growing upset, Edmund pulled my head into his chest, so I wasn't looking at the dead bodies that were littering the courtyard. We flew closely behind Peter's retreating horse going over the bridge. Eventually, landing on the ground, starting the miserable trip back to the Howe.

(A/N Hope you enjoyed the chapter don't forget to vote xx)