First training (chapter 2)

Layla's pov:
Last night was actually really really fun. I got to know the girls and they all got to know more about me. Jessie is cute and really sweet we've only know eachother for not even a day and I think I'm falling for her already. It feels like I've known her forever, but she probably doesn't feel the same way. "Hey Layla, do you wanna come and get breakfast with me? There's a small café down the street." Jessie says snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh, yeah! Let me just get some shoes on," I said while slipping on my red and gold Air Force. "Ok I'm ready."

As we were walking down the road I kept feeling our hands brush against each other's. I think Jessie did as well cause around half way there Jess grabbed onto my hand. "You're cute when you blush Layla." Jess said randomly. The comment just made me blush even more than I already was. "I'm not cute." I responded while giggling. "No you definitely are cute."
She argued playfully I just hit her playfully.

As we got to the café Jessie brought up the fact that my first training session was later on today after my classes. "So, how do you think you'll do in your first training session today?" Jess asked. "I mean, I think it'll be good. Obviously not as good as most of you cause all of you have basically been here for a year or more." I mumbled the last past. "Hey don't say that! You'll do amazing. If you can knock down Sinclair you'll do just fine at UCLA." Jess chuckled lightly. "I've got a nickname for you." I said randomly "you do?" Jess questioned. "Yeah. Freckles!" I giggled. She just raised an eyebrow at me laughing a bit.

Jessie's pov:
Fuck. That was the cutest thing she's done so far. She gave me a nickname already! Score!!!! Ok anyways I'm definitely catching feelings for this girl even if I've only known her for barely 24 hours. "I have to get to my class soon can you walk me back?" She asked shyly. "Yeah, sure I will bubs!" I started blushing straight away, realising what I just said to her. She blushed as well but didn't say anything so I took that as a good sign.

Layla's pov:
She just called me bubs! Oh my god, I- I love it!!! Calm. Down. Ok I'm fine, it's all fine she probably didn't mean it like that anyway.

As we were walking back to campus I saw my ex girlfriend. I stopped in my tracks, Jessie didn't notice until she went to say something and I was a couple of meters behind. She followed my gaze across the road. "Hey, Layla! This your new toy?" Evie said menacingly. "Ummm, who are you?" Jess asked. "Ohh. I'm Layla's ex girlfriend. You won't ever be like me, never forget that."
"Fuck off Evie."

Jessie's pov:
Is this bitch being serious right now?! "Funny thing is that I'm a soccer player who is probably already more successful then you'll ever be. Ok, and I don't know what you think you can say to me but I will not hesitate to sock you in the jaw." I state flatly. "Evie just leave us alone!" Layla mumbled. "What was that you bitch?!"
"Nope, I'm not gonna just let you talk to her like that. Lets go babe." I said dragging Layla away.

"Are you ok Layla?" I asked. "Yeah Jess, I'm ok. You didn't have to do that." She said quietly. Without thinking she pulled me into a hug. "Thank you."
She mumbled into my neck. "It's ok, what she said back there wasn't ok. Do you want to tell me about her?" She nodded hesitantly, "that was my ex girlfriend, she was physically and mentally abusive. So I moved away to come to college turned out she might've followed me or some crazy shit like that." I nodded understandingly pulling her back into a hug "I'm not gonna let anything happen to you ok?" She nodded again. I felt something warm slide down my neck, was she crying? I tilted her head up to see her crying silently. Without saying anything I brought my hands to cup her face lightly and while her tears of her cheeks. She smiled lightly at me. "I think we should go otherwise we'll be late for our classes" layla said. "Yeah come on let's go" I grabbed her hand walking towards the campus.

~~~skip too training~~~

I'm finally here... oh my god! I finally did it. I'm going to one of the best colleges in the US I play for my national team and I have amazing people who support me. "Hey Layla! You excited for your first training?" Delaney asks me. "Yeah I'm really excited to be playing in college!"
"Since you've already met all the team I think coach will just let you start training straight away." Jessie comes up behind me and put her arm over my shoulder. "You ok?" "Yeah!" I grin. "Good." She responds shortly because coach just started training.

When we were running through the drills it took me a while to get used to but I got the hang of it. Next was the beep test, one of my least favourite things. "Ughhhh, come on then Layla! You ready to be beaten?" Hayley says while getting ready to start I just nod. The first people to drop were goal keepers then poor Delaney tripped over her own feet. I giggled lightly at her but kept running. Over the time I stopped laughing I didn't realise it was only me, Hayley and Jessie left. I hummed lightly seeing that Hayley was out of breath but Jess seemed ok. "I'm done!" Hayley said before dropping to the floor. My and Jessie went on for another couple of beeps before I could see she started to get tired. "Right, how bout we drop at the same time? You seem like you're getting tired." She shook her head. "No! Keep going until you can't" she said just before stopping. So I kept going until coach blew her whistle. "Yo. Di- sh- she just finished the fucking beep test!" Teagan said loudly. I just stood there getting my breath back. I shrugged my shoulders "I guess I did."
"Layla, the beep test hasn't been finished here before!" I stopped drinking "what?!" Bro. I just fished the fucking beep test. On my first training! "I give up with this girl! She didn't even know finished it!"
"Pfffft! I did!" I said trying not to sound confused. "I- no." Anika said walking away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a bit of a longer chapter for you. Hopefully you like it!
Bye babies. 💞