Whats going on with that? (Chapter 7)

1.18k reads what the actual fuck?! I'm so happy that people actually want to read and take the time to read my work. Right anyways rant over imma just let you read now.

(This is at the same time when Layla was at camp the last chapter)

Jessie's pov:
Once I landed I texted Layla saying I was safe and got here fine, knowing she wasn't gonna read it for maybe another hour or so I switch my phone off and start looking for Janine and Sinc. They're always the ones to pick me up from the airport, no matter where it is. "JESSIE!" I hear a loud squeal from behind me, before I could even turn around I'm squished in between the arms of the one and only Janine Beckie. "C-can't breathe!" I say tapping her arm fast. Once she lets me go I hear a low chuckle from Sinc "Hi" I say giving her a side hug. "Hello Jess" she responds throwing her arm over my shoulder.

The car ride consisted of singing out of tune and laughing at Janine's facial expressions while she tries to hit the high notes. The hotel was really big, like mansion big. On the way in cameras were very in our faces, but you get used to it when you've been around it since you were 15. Once we'd finally made our way in I was tackled into another hug by Jordan Huitema. "Bro, what the fuck took you so long?!" I she groans. I lightly push the tall girl off of me. "Well I'm SOrRy. It's not my fault cameras are all in our faces 24/7!" I fire back. "Ha ha" she sarcastically laughed while walking away.

After I'd put my stuff in my room I couldn't be bothered to unpack so I just sat on my bed scrolling through Instagram . I'd just gotten a text from Layla saying she'd landed , I smiled while scrolling through the Instagram edits people have already made of me and Layla together. I hadn't realised Janine, Jordan and Kailen walk in the room with shit eating grins on their faces. "What?" I ask curiously, they all look at me and Kailen shakes her head before asking me a question that catches me off guard. "What her name?"
"I- you see- uhmmm- act- her names Layla..." I say with a light blush staining my cheeks and reaching up to my ears.
"Awwwwhh, she's in loooovvvee!" Jordyn comments jumping up and down. "Ok ok, but how'd you get in here?"
"Ohhhhh, Sinc wanted is to come and get you for dinner."
"If you tell anyone, you're dead." I say giving them a pointed look before picking up my phone and walking to the elevator.

Once everyone had eaten Sinc had told me she'd meet me in the room because she had to talk to coach about something. After a while I get a text from Layla asking random questions. I obviously answer all of them, she
Was asking cute little questions about my childhood and stuff like that. Like where I first played soccer. It was all fun and games until Sinc walked in the room and stopped to look at me. "Hi" I said not looking up from my phone. "Why are you smiling so hard?!" She questions before jumping on top of me to get my phone luckily, I'd just texted Layla telling her to get some sleep because of how late it probably was over there. I stuffed it into my joggers pocket before pushing her off of the bed. "No one! I mean nothing! Nothing! That's what I meant!" I rambled. "What her name then?"
"Layla" I say without thinking, as soon as her name exits my mouth I slap my hand to my forehead. "Fuck..." I mumble.

"So, what's going on with that?" She ask before excitedly rubbing her hands together, obviously waiting for me to explain. "Well she beautiful, like not pretty, gorgeous! And she's smart and an amazing soccer player, she English and just an overall amazing person to be around! She makes me feel so happy and she gives me butterflies and is just all around an amazing person who lights up the room with her smile!" I rant in a complete daze. "You're already hooked on this girl. Good luck Jessie she seem like an amazing girl for you!"

"Night Sinc"
"Night J"
I lightly drift to sleep while listening to the passing traffic outside the hotel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So so sorry this chapter has taken so long to come out. I haven't been doing very well mentally and I don't know how to handle it all. I will try to update as often as I can but they updates might not be as fast as they have been.

Bye babiesss 💞