Camp (chapter 6)

Jessie's pov:
Hailie dropped me and Layla off at the airport around 2 hours before our flights. Luckily we were also near each other's gates.

Once we had sat down there was around 10 minutes till I had too board and 5 till Layla had too. We were sitting and making small talk until her flight was called she got up ready to go. And gave me a hug "I'm gonna miss you, even if it's only 2 weeks." She says. "I'll miss you too, blondie" I say pulling away, laughing. "Byeee, freckles." She giggled.

"Fuck it." I mumbled. "Layla! Wait!" I say jogging up to her. "Wh-" I cut her off by kissing her. I might as well do it now, "Layla. Will you be my girlfriend?" I ask she just nods pulling me into another kiss. "Jess I have to go. I'm gonna miss the flight!" She laughed. "Ok, Ok" I kiss her forehead. "Now you can go"
She waves to me as she walks through the gate. I sigh finally content, doing my happy dance.

"I TOLD YOU IT WOULD HAPPEN!" I hear someone yell. I quickly turn around to see the whole team and coach Cromwell. "I- you saw that?" I ask them while rubbing the back of my neck sheepishly, all the girls nodded, coach Cromwell and Delaney moved in front of all the girls pulling their hands out. I watch amused as they all put money into the two's hands. Once my flight was called I picked up all of my stuff and boarded .

~~lil time skip~~
Layla's pov:
Once I was off the plane i sent a quick text to Jess saying I'd landed. I called Demi asking her where she was. "I'm by the baggage claim" She says over the phone. "Are you sure Demi?" I ask again "yes. I'm sure now hurry up!" She moans over the phone. I put the phone down and pick up my bags making my way to 'baggage claim' she wasn't by baggage claim. Knowing Demi she's by the sign that says baggage claim, and guess where I found her? By the sign for baggage claim. I jumped onto her once I'd gotten close enough. For gods sake Layla, calm down!" Demi laughs lightly. "Sorry" I say sarcastically. "Yo. Were is my hug?" Leah says coming out of nowhere. "Hiiiii" I squeal pulling Leah into a hug. "Right, ok. Let's go, I'm tired and I need food!" Demi groans loudly. I just nod pulling the two along behind me.

~~skip the trip to the hotel~~

"Finallyyyyy!" I hear someone shout before being tackled to the floor by the one and only Georgia stanway. "Hi g" I mumbled into the floor. She just laughs before helping me up. "You alright?" She says in her scouse accent. "Yeah, well I was until I was rugby tackled to the floor!" I respond. We all laughed before I dusted myself off and got up to go and get my room key from Phil. "PHILIP!" I say going to give him a hug. "What do you want now Layla?" He says laughing. "I- I only came to come and get my room key" I say acting offended. "Yeah, ok." He responds giving me a hug. I laugh picking up my room key, "Who's my roomie?" I ask him. "You've got the keets!" he shouts before turning round to talk to Steph. I jog over to Demi and Leah, thinking of jes- my girlfriend. I like saying that, girlfriend, ha! I'm not lonely anymore. "What are you smiling about tiny?" Lucy bronze asks coming up behind me. "It's nothing." I respond. "You sure?" I just nod.

"NIKITA!" I shout jumping onto the scouser. "LAYLA" she says just as excited. "Yay! Family reunion." I hear Jordan comment sarcastically behind us. The both of us pull away and send her a glare making her wave her arms in defeat. I just grab Nikita "We're roomies!!!" I squeal. She just laughs and lets me drag her to our room.

"Oh. My. Godddd."
"Finally!"
We groan falling onto our beds. After a minute of a comfortable silence I speak up. "How's your apparent love life going then?" She acts hurt before laughing "Actually, I got myself a date." She responds smiling to the floor. "NO WAY!" I jump up. "Seriously?!" I shout. She nods waiting for my next move. As soon as she nods I book it out the door. I sprint down to Leah and Georgia's room. I fall through the door and slam it behind me so Nikita can't come in. When I look up G, Leah, Jordan, Kiera, Ellie, both Lucy's and Jill are in there. I pant lightly before speaking "Nikita got a date!" I jump at the banging on the door. I can feel her jiggling the door nob so I open the door to see keets and Demi. "Hiii!" I say innocently before I'm tackled by the taller forward. "That is for slamming a door in my face!" She moans at me. Once we get up off the floor, Nikita's bombarded with questions. "Boy or girl?"
"How old are they?"
"What's their name?"
"Where did you meet?"
She sighs shaking her head before answering all the questions. Apparently her names Aaliyah.

I catch myself thinking about Jessie again. "Layla?" I hear someone ask bringing me out of my thoughts. "What?"
"You ok?" Leah asks. "Yeah why?" I say laughing lightly. "What are you thinking about?" Jill asks me. "No one! Uh- I mean n-nothing!" I stumble over my words.

They all look at each other before Demi pushes me on the bed tickling my sides "I won't stop until you tell us who and what you were thinking about!" I laugh loudly trying to push her hands away. "O-okay I'll t-tell yooouuuuu!" I squeal. "Good!" They simultaneously say. "I may or may not of gotten a girlfriend" I mumble. "SHE! As in LAYLA got a girlfriend?!" Lucy Staniforth said pointing at me. "YESSS! My Bestfriend FINALLY got a girlfriend!" Demi says pumping her fists in the air. The older ones just sat there with a smile on their face,  the younger girls were jumping up and down with me, Jordan and Lucy shot you and ran out the door. "NOPE!" I shout while legging it out of the room. I was able to catch up to the two of them just before they closed the door to Steph's room. I squeezed through the small gap in the door to jump on Lucy and cover her mouth. To move my hand she licked it, "EW!" I shout before wiping it on her t-shirt. "Why are you in my room?" Steph asks a little annoyed "LAYLAHASAGIRLFRIEND!" Jordan rushes out all at once. "Huh?"
"I have a girlfriend," I mumble. "Okayyyy. And? I don't care, as long as you aren't pregnant, then I don't give a shit." She says slowly.  I laugh at Lucy and Jordan before walking back to G and Leah's room. I flop on the bed before someone has to bring up my girlfriend. "Who is it?!" Jill shouts standing up. "It doesn't matter." I mumble tiredly. "You know we aren't gonna let you out of this room until you tell us." Georgia grins. "Well she plays football, and goes to UCLA with me."
"I bet it's that Canadian. At the last friendly we played 'em. That Canadian was eyeing her the whole match!" Keira buts in. "Uhhmmm- I- uhhh- you see I- yeah." I stumble over my words
"HA." I hear through the door. Demi got up to open it, when she does we see the rest of the team stumble into the room. "Hi, girls." They say in unison. "I mean, at least I'm not lonely like most of you anymore!" I say happily

"We have to meet both of these girls soon!" Lucy shouts and all of the older players nod their heads while both me and Nikita sit there with our head in our hands.

~~end of camp~~
I got off of my flight around an hour ago and I'm now waiting for Jessie's plane to land. She text me saying she's landed and I'm looking around to find her when I feel hands clasped around my waist. I turn around to find my beautiful freckled girlfriend grinning down at me. "Hi baby." She says before kissing me softly. Once we pull away I hear a muffled gag and mumbled behind us, thinking it was the team I turn around to find a group of teenage boys. I chuckle sourly and walk over to them. "Right, ok. I would very much appreciate it if you weren't so fucking rude and told me to my face what you think of me, even if you don't know me!" I say to them with a raised eyebrow. The boys stood there awkwardly with their faces flushed red. "As I thought. Now move along children." I gestured them to move and they did. I turn back to Jessie to see a shit eating grin on her face. "You're like REALLY hot when you get annoyed" She says emphasising 'really'. "Thanks babe" I chuckle. "Okay anyways. You two let's go! I'm hungry." Teagan says walking by us. I smile at the goalkeeper before dragging Jessie and my bags behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First of all I'm sorry this took so long, I don't know why it did 😂
Second of all if the font goes all weird near the end I don't know why it just happened while I was writing.
And third of all if you want to see stuff happen in this book just comment what you want to see happen.

Byeee babiessss💞💞

👁👄👁