Playthings (4)

Playthings (4)

Kylie's POV

For most of the night I sat up holding a puke bag for Sammy while feeding him water and Gatorade. Dean never came back to the room last night and it worried me. He had so much on his plate right now that I feared he was going to drink himself into oblivion.

"Alright Sammy, you gotta pull it together." I grimaced as I rubbed his back as he hurled into the toilet. I did my best to push the hair out of his face, but the strands kept falling with every gag.

"I'm trying." He groaned, gripping the toilet as he continued his assault.

I listened as our room door open followed by heavy footsteps. "How are you feeling, Sammy?" Dean all but yelled making Sam groan. "I guess mixing whiskey and Jager wasn't such a gangbuster idea, was it?"

I patted Sam's back before getting to my feet and going out to the bedroom, running my fingers through my hair tiredly as Dean went through his bag, his back towards me.

"I bet you don't remember a thing from last night, do you?" Dean called as I came up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist and laying my head on his shoulder.

"Oh, I can still taste the tequila." Sam groaned into the toilet as Dean turned to hold me in his arms.

I scrunched up my brows in confusion. "He didn't even drink tequila." I chuckled as I traced patterns on his chest.

"You know, there's a really good hangover reedy - it's a, it's a greasy pork sandwich served up in a dirty ashtray." Dean grinned and kissed the top of my head.

"Oh I hate you." Sam groaned before heaving into the toilet.

"I know you do." He mumbled.

"You know, I took care of drunken Sammy last night." I smiled up at him. "Why didn't you come back to the room?"

Dean shrugged. "I was out getting research."

"All night?" I raised a brow.

He made a face at me. "Don't get your mind all worked up. I slept in the car." He sighed. "I just needed time to think." He kissed me gently before looking up towards the bathroom. "Hey, so turns out when Grandma Rose was a tyke, she had a Creole nanny who wore a hoodoo necklace." He turned to go towards the bathroom.

"Don't do it." I tried to warn but he was already close enough to get a whiff.

"Whoo." Dean grimaced.

"So, you think she taught Rose hoodoo?" Sam asked as he flushed the toilet, dropping the lid.

"Yes, I do." Dean nodded.

"All right." Sam groaned before standing up. "I think it's time we talked to Rose, then."

Dean grimaced as Sam got closer to him. "Oh. You can brush your teeth first."

Sam made a face before turning and closing the bathroom door behind him.

"You dealt with that all night?" Dean asked, hiking a thumb towards the bathroom.

"Well, yeah." I nodded.

"It didn't make you sick or anything?" He shrugged making his way to stand in front of me.

I let out a chuckle. "Please I've been taking care of you boys since we were kids whether it be a bloody messy wound or the stomach flu."

"Yeah, I guess you have." Dean said as he quietly glanced at his shoes.

"Okay, what is it?" I smiled sadly.

"It's just . . . " He trailed. "You took care of us a lot." He nodded. "I never thought we'd be the ones having to take care of you. I mean were you ever sick as a kid?"