chapter 1 - the arrival

i woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing in my ears. i turned off my alarm and laid in bed for a couple minutes, staring at the ceiling. i groaned and finally got out of bed. ugh, why so early?

i remembered that i'm flying to los angeles today to visit my brother, griffin, who lives in the sway house.

i got up and made my bed, then threw on a hoodie and some sweatpants, since i want to be comfortable on the plane. i then made my bed, brushed my teeth and grabbed my suitcase, which i packed last night, and head out the door.

when i got outside, the uber was already in the driveway so i threw my luggage in the trunk and got in the car. the uber left and i started to make my way to the airport.

i finally arrived at the airport and i got all my things from the uber, payed the driver and go inside. after a bit of waiting i finally got to my gate. i still had an hour to kill so i went to get starbucks for breakfast. when i got to starbucks it had just opened, since it was 5:00am, and i ordered my food. i go back to waiting at my gate and eat the rest of my food.

...

"6:00am flight to los angeles at gate 43 is boarding now. if that is your flight, please make your way to gate 43 right now."
i heard echo through the airport. that's my flight. i show my passport and i board the plane. i find my seat and sit down. you get settled in and i decide to text griffin.

you / griffin

hey griffin! i just got on the plane! it should be taking off in 10 minutes. see you in a couple hours! bye, love you!
hey ava can't wait! need a ride from the airport? love you too!
nope! i've got an uber to come get me! see ya!

"this is your caption speaking. we are about to take off. please put on your seatbelts and get ready for a 3 hour flight."
i put on my seatbelt and i feel myself getting super tired. why am i tired? yeah i woke up early but i got enough sleep, right...

...

"this is your caption speaking. we have landed in los angeles and you can start exiting the plane in 2 minutes."
"wow we are already here? i slept the whole flight!"
i mumbled to myself. i exit the plane and i made sure to grab my luggage and find my uber.

i find my uber and i get inside the car. they start to drive to the sway house and i get super nervous. i am obviously super excited to see my brother again but i'm are super nervous to meet all the guys.
will they like me? will they hate me? will they fall in love with me? if they do who will i chose? ugh ava snap out of it!

i decided to open your phone and message griffin to get my mind off things... and to just let him know i'm on my way.

you / griffin

hey griffin! i landed not too long ago and i'm now in the uber on the way to sway! see you soon!
yay can't wait!

...

i finally arrived at sway. i got all my things and payed the uber driver. i walked up to the door and i got second thoughts.
no why am i here. they all hate me. for the last time ava shut up! of course they will like me!

i decide to just ring the doorbell.
"who's at the door?" "probably a fan" "just get it!" "okay fine i'll get it!"
then someone opens the door.