5. maybe just a little

"I swear to God, Zayn, if you don't leave that stupid magazine, I will kill you," Louis says, folding some shirts on the shelves, "The boss is coming down in an hour, and you haven't done anything I told you to."

"Chillax, mate," Zayn says, passing one page of the magazine, "How many times have I told you, boss never comes because we have the luck that the boss is Liam's dad and - thank god for this - Liam has a crush on you," Zayn says, not looking at Louis, still with a dirty smirk on his smile, "And he uses every excuse he gets to come down and see you."

"Damn it, Zayn, shut up," Louis says blushing just a bit. Not that he fancies Liam. But it's always embarrassing because sure, Liam is always doing whatever it takes to see Louis.

"Anyway, the only thing we had to do, is fold the new shirts that came yesterday and for what I can see," Zayn says, turning to catch a quick glimpse of Louis, "You have finished."

"Because I have been working all day!" Louis says exasperated.

"But Loueh!" Zayn says, now putting the magazine down and pouting to his friend, "You have to understand! I just bought the magazine from the store and it's new, see?" Zayn says showing off the magazine, "And there's a new article about the gossips that were flying around about Cara Delevingne and Ha—,"

"Seriously Zayn, I don't care about your precious models and clothes," Louis says just a bit angry.

"I'm sorry, okay? You know how much I love this. You know I crave for this kind of life," Zayn says, spitting his heart out, "I'm sorry mate, I'll do it myself next time, promise."

"You better do it, idiot," Louis says finally, turning to smile at him.

"I'll do it, babe," Zayn says winking, "But now, let me finish reading the article."

Louis nods smiling, looking fondly at his best friend, observing all his features and details. See, since they were youngsters, let's say, about eight years ago, Zayn has always wanted to become a professional model, because well, the bastard knows he's perfectly built and he has the face of an angel. Also the fact that he likes to dress well, not only to impress, but because it makes him feel better. He likes designer clothes and matching outfits, he is always watching all those runways and tv programs that are alike. So yeah, blame Zayn, but he knows the real reason why God has sent him to this planet. He's only waiting for a few cash to come and in the first opportunity, he's off to New York. Or Paris. Or London. 

So yeah, for Zayn, it's has always been into modelling. But for Louis... well, he hasn't thought about it. He doesn't know what to do with his life. He was supposed to go to college last year, but the fear of leaving his mother, was greater than the excitement of going away so, yeah, he stayed. And well, since Zayn was going to stay for a while, college was immediately off the table.

And really, Jay, Louis' mother, didn't mind. Because well, for starters, she didn't want to be alone. And if she moved with him to another city, well, she really doesn't know what to do in order to have incomes. The antique shop, is all they have. That little shop in down-town, is all they have for their expenses. And it's been good, thank God. Business has been always good, even though antique shops are not really a good business, somehow, for Jay, it's been. Maybe it's because of the tourism in this city. Maybe because it's literally, in the centre of down-town. Or maybe because Jay and Louis are somehow charismatic and easygoing. Anyway, apart from that little shop and Louis' pay-checks, that's all they have.

"Zayn, do you ever wonder, if there's more to this? Like really, you see yourself somewhere else?" Louis asks after a few minutes of silence because well, Zayn was reading the magazine and Louis was lost on his thoughts.