8. nothing on my mind but you

It' 5 o'clock sharp and Harry is already out of Forelsket. He decides to enter to let know Zayn he is there. It's been such a weird day, but Harry hasn't been able to process a thing so he's barely hanging there, but he knows that if he doesn't meet Louis before the day ends, he's going to break.

Later, after all the drama that happened with Zayn and Liam—and explaining to Zayn, after Liam left, everything, like everything from the beginning—he decided to go back to the hotel, only finding out that there were a lot of paps outside. And see, he doesn't know if they were there for him, but not wanting to cause a scene, he opted to just avoid the hotel for a couple of hours. So anyway, he decided to go and take a walk near the beach, with a pair of sunglasses and a beanie—bought from Zayn—sure he wouldn't get notice and yeah, he was right. He wasn't bothered at all. It's like those people on Cardiff weren't so posh and persistent like people back in London.

A couple of hours later, he was still walking near the beach, feeling the salty air hit on his face, and then deciding to eat pretzels and corndogs, because an elegant restaurant wasn't an option—besides, Harry didn't want to—so he settled for that. Not that he was complaining; actually he enjoyed it because it had been long since he last ate something from the street.

Anyway, now, inside of the shop, once again, he was walking to the counter, watching Zayn talk to a blonde boy—or kind of, he could see his roots from where he is standing—and even before Harry could cough or do something to get noticed, Zayn is already standing up from the chair and going to Harry, smile big and wide, and glassy—maybe heart eyes—looking at Harry.

"You are here!" Zayn says, almost hugging Harry, but Harry is awkward and really, doesn't know Zayn at all, so he only half does it before stepping back, "I thought you wouldn't come."

"Well, I'm here," Harry says a bit embarrassed, not wanting to let Zayn's dream break, because he is here to see Louis after all, but well—Harry is a nice guy, okay?

"Niall, I'm leaving," Zayn says to the blonde boy, going to the back of the shop for his things.

Harry stays there, in front of the blonde boy—Niall, and he doesn't know what to do until—

"So you are Harry? Harry Styles the model?" Niall says, scanning Harry from head to toes, checking him out. And it's weird see, because Harry is supposed to be used to this, but Niall, the guy in front of him, speaks a bit rude and thick—Harry thinks maybe he's not british, doesn't sound like he is—and his blue eyes are somewhat dark and Harry is sure he's trying to see through his soul.

"Yeah, the one and only," it's the only thing Harry thinks to say in his defense.

"Nice to meet you mate," Niall says, standing from his chair behind the counter, stretching himself to shake Harry's hand, "Zayn hasn't shut up all day talking about you."

And well, if Harry's cheeks are a bit red now, it's pure coincidence.

"I hope good things," Harry says, half smiling.

"Well, some good things, some other things, maybe even dirty ones—,"

"NIALL!" Zayn interrupts, already coming from the back of the shop, "We are going now, okay? See you tomorrow lad," Zayn says, only waving goodbye and turning his back, walking to the door.

"Nice meeting you," Harry says, smiling, trying to be nice.

"Same dude," Niall says smiling in return, "Say hi to Louis from me!"

Harry stops and turns back, truly smiling now and nods his head before stepping out of the shop.

"So here's the deal," Zayn says, cigar between his fingers already burning and releasing smoke, "I'm going to be honest."