Death by pancakes

***A/N***
Hey guys!!! I know it's been a while since I've last updated. In fact it's been almost a year!! Which is kinda mental. Sorry it's been such a long time but let's dive back into the story.
***A/N***

It's been a couple months since I was on the Graham Norton Show. That was one of the best moments I've ever experienced in my life. After the show Emma Watson gave me her phone number!!! How crazy is that, I've been too scared to call or text her but it's still cool to say that I've got Hermione Jean Grangers phone number.

In the past few months, so much has changed for me. My birthday has just past so I'm now 14 and my grades at school are doing spectacularly I'm averaging at a B+ for most of my lesson and an A in music.

But recently something really strange has been happening. I'm not quite sure how to explain it but theres this person in my class. I sit next to them in chemistry and math which are the only classes in not doing to well in. It's not that I'm bad at them, it's just I cant concentrate on what my teachers are saying. It's all because my eyes keeping drifting from the equations on the board, to this person's face and absorbing every detail of their face.

Their beautifully carved jaw that looks like it could both cut and cure me. Their mesmerising oceanic eyes that I could drown in with a smile on my face. Their soft and supple lips and they way that when they struggle on a question they bite on their tongue as it sticks out slightly.

She's just so-

"Miss Stan, what do you think of this?"

My head snaps away from my neighbour to Miss Key, the math teacher.

"Um, about w-what??" I mentally face palm at my stutter. Why did she have to pick one me?? Why not ask Bobby in the corner, who is quite clearly on his phone.

"About the question on the board," Miss Key clarifies as she gestures to the white board. With an equation that makes me want to hurl myself out a window. "How do you find 'X'?"

"You use a treassure map??" I say scrunching up my face, as the class bursts into quiet laughs. Miss Key didnt look too pleased with me. But I notice in the corner of my eye, that even though my neighbour wasnt involved in laughing, she was biting her lip and smirking.

"Stay behind after class, Miss Stan. I'll be calling your mother and you can explain why I've held you back after school." Miss Key says with a stern look in her eyes.

Finally, school ended with a sharp ring of a bell. But unfortunately for me, I have to stay seated as everyone leaves.

"See you later, El." Zak says as he walks past my seat giving me a pat on the back.

"See ya, Mate" I mumble back. Even though I've been in america now for a year or so, I cant seem to lose my British slang.

Once the class is empty, Miss Key gestures me to her desk as she reaches for the phone and dials Mums number. It's a rather awkward silence. All you can here is the quite ring of the phone and our oddly synchronise breathing. The silence is broken by my mums voice.

"Hello, Georgetta Stan here. Who is this?"

Miss Key clears her throat, " Hello Mrs Stan, I'm Miss Key, Ella's math teacher. Your daughters grades are starting to fall and her focus in class has seemingly disappeared."

"Oh," I can hear the disappointment in her voice and I feel my heart clench. "Well, what have the recent lesson been about?" How is that relevant?? I ask my self.

"Quadratic formulas and sequences." Miss Key says in a sharp tone.

"Then no wonder her focusing has disappeared," Mum says in an exasperated voice. "I think I would fall asleep if I had to here that for an hour straight."

YES MUM!! Holy shit, shes a badass!!

"B-but Mrs Stan-" Miss Key tries to say but cuts her off.

"Since you seem to not be able to motivate my daughter work, I'll be getting her a tutor. That way she'll be able to pick her grades back up and not falling asleep to your droning. Ella, I know you can hear me through the phone. Come home right now, dont stay with this bat. I've made some pancakes since its you're doing so well in music. See you soon Darling. Goodbye Miss Key." And with that Mum promptly hung up the phone leaving me and miss key in shock. I silently pick up my bag and backed out of the classroom trying to make as little noise as possible to not disturb the fuming beast, who was clutching and slowly crushing the school phone.

I finally get home and open the door. As I enter the sitting room, I see Mum sat on the couch with a plate of pancakes and some orange juice. Mum looks up at me and smiles at me, whirling holding out the pancakes. I take them gratefully, sit down and start eating. Completely unaware of the second person in the room.

"So Ella, I've found you a tutor to help you in maths." Mum says, hoping that I'd look up and notice her and the guest. But I kept my head down and shovel an obscene amount of pancakes in my mouth.

"Coolf, whn re the coingf??" I ask with a mouthful of deliciousness.

"Right now." Mum says. I snap my head frantically and look around the room and see Her.

Shit

My eyes widen and I start choking on the pancake mush in my mouth. Her eyes widen as well when I start coughing and panicking.

After about 30 seconds of panic I manage to swallow the pancakes and drink some orange juice to sooth my throat.

"Are you ok, Ella??" She asks tentatively. Her eyes full of worry bore into mine and my mouth just blurs out.

"I'm fate" My eyes widen. "I mean, I'm gine." Shit "I-i mean, I'm fine." I say and I feel my face slowing going from white to blazing red.

She just giggles slightly, which makes me slightly better. Wow, that's the cutest thing I've ever heard. Her giggle made me want to... to. I dont even know but I want to her it again.

"Ella," Mums cuts in, I almost forgot she was there. "This is Imogen Morris. Shes going to be your tutor. She volunteered almost immediately when I put the notice up on Facebook. Isn't that sweet?"

You have no idea, Mum.