Chapter 𝐈𝐗

The next day came along fast, it had been exactly 15 hours, 3 mins, and 51 seconds since Ermengarde watched her parents leave the small apartment. 14 hours since she had heard her sister was alive, and during those hours Ermengarde had not gotten a wink of sleep. When she had woken up that morning she looked like a mess. She hadn't been this much of a mess since Felicity first went missing, this was when beauty spell came and handy, to get rid of any evidence that she had been disturbed or didn't sleep. It was unusual for anyone to be in the ministry at 3 am, normally the guards would stay until 5, or the workers who had an ungodly amount of work. Ermengarde knew it wasn't her field of work but she had to find some way to get into the Auror office, if she knew anything, they would be the ones to have information. It was already unusual for the head of the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes to be 2 hours earlier than usual, it was also weird to find that the witch had gone up 2 floors and not 3. to the floor of Magical Law Enforcement. 

When Ermengarde stepped out of the elevator, it was eerily quiet, from the time's she's been up to the 2nd floor, it was crowded with frantic students who were studying to be Auror's, but now, It was quiet. Ermengarde debated taking off her shoes due to how much they clicked, she scanned down the hallway look at the doorplates stopping when a familiar name came to the door. "Theseus Scamander." Ermengarde looked around, looking for anyone who might be there to witness her breaking into her school enemy's office. The young-women held her wand to the doorknob and whispered a very small "Alohomora." she heard a click and opened the door, but winced when the door made a small creaking sound, she looked behind her one more time before closing the door behind her and walking into the room. It was a large office that's for sure, but the blonde didn't see anything that would detect and alert if someone was perhaps sneaking into such a high ranking office. The women tip-toed to behind the desk and opened a file drawer filled with information on dark wizards, why wasn't this stuff locked up? she pulled out a file, that wasn't labeled yet and had new bindings, it was a new file. As she was about to open it, she heard the door open and someone shout the disarming spell, and before Ermengarde knew it her wand was flying out of her hand and into someone else's.

Crap

Theseus Scamander knew something was off when he first arrived to the floor, he was always early to work what didn't come to mind is that his office door was suspiciously unlocked. he held his ear to the door and slowly removed his wand from his pocket, with one hand on the doorknob and one hand on his wand he shoved open the door and yelled the first thing that came to mind. Expelliarmus. He felt a wand fly into his hands, it was quite warm. Theseus looked up from his hand and found the girl he had despised for years standing over his desk and had a file in her hand. "Look who the cat dragged in." Theseus sneered, and just to think a few days ago the two were having a nice conversation after all these years. "Hello, Salamander," Ermengarde said and she knew she was screwed when she was walked down the hallway with her hands tied, the young witch was apprehended and being dragged to interrogation by her former school enemy.

AN:

Hey guys! its been a while but I'm gaining more inspiration to continue this book, I can't believe how far we've come and we are almost at 4k reads!!! I hope you enjoyed reading it!