No shit, Sherlock

Please ignore the grammatical mistakes, thank you.

✰✰✰

The ravenette squinted his eyes at the ringing noise in his ear but let it go by not snapping at the woman, who's saving him right now.

"Ma'am, we can't at the moment. Because of the position you're in. You're stuck in between two rocks ma'am, so please try not to move much. We are getting help, please trust us"

'Trust you? Are you fucking kidding me?'
"Trust, my ever loving butt, get us out of here", she mumbled

'Wait! We are stuck in between….two rocks….?'
She tipped her head to look up. Her eyes widened at the sight in pure horror.

The climbing rope she was using got stuck in between two giant boulders from both the hills. She didn't understand where those rocks came from, but the boulder from the hill they were climbing onto is bigger than the boulder that is attached to the hill opposite to them.

The distance between the two hills is about 15 ft but the boulders made it impossible for the people to look at the pair below them.

She understood why the employee is trying his best to not let his panic pass to the pair. If they move even a slightest bit, the rope would snap letting both the people fall. And worse, those boulders may smash their bodies like squished tomatoes.

'How did it turn out like this? When?'

She felt tears crawling down her cheeks as she let out a cry.

"Oh God, we're going to die. We're going to die".

"What? What, why?", he responded in the same panic state.

She took in a deep breath saying, "The rope, it's--it's got stuck in between two rocks. We shouldn't move"

He fell silent for a few seconds processing, "OK, ok wait", he said stretching out his other leg.

"What? What're you doing?", she hissed in fear and frustration when she felt some movement.

The ravenette reached the opposite hill, which is in a narrow distance compared to the top, and placed his leg there to keep balance.

He sighed in relief when the movement in both of them reduced a little.

"Put uh..... your leg on it", he said.
"Huh?"

"Your leg, on the hill", he replied calmly.

"Oh". She silently placed her free leg on the main hill.

The movement stopped with their legs on the hills, like the pair froze in the mid air.

---

They both stayed like that for a good fifteen minutes with the people above calling out for them if they were okay. But the pair didn't reply not so happily, though.

Soon they heard some siren sounds and wailing horns.

Vanessa shut her eyes tightly, cursing to herself.

"My parents will kill me if they hear about this. Wait, I don't know if I could make it", she snorted bitterly.
The guy didn't reply to her rambling.

"Sorry, didn't mean to", she mumbled in a low voice.

"Huh? No. I didn't understand(?) you anyway", he trailed off more like questioning his choice of words.

"Oh. Not English? No American?", she asked.
"No. Foreigner".

"Oh" she didn't know what else she could reply to him after that. Even if she did, he wouldn't understand her anyway, she thought. So, she started with the basics.

"French?"
"No"
"Russian?"
"No"
She sighed and thought for a while saying, "Asian?"

There's a few seconds of silence, as if he's debating himself.
'What's there to think anyway?', she frowned to herself.

"Yes", the man sighed.
"Oh," she mumbled, "me too. Half Asian"
He hummed back.

"Miss Vanessa? Are you there?"

She heard a male voice from above, which she noted, is new compared to the others' voices she heard from the whole passing hour.

"Yes, yes we both are. Have you got the help?"

"Yes ma'am, but I need you to keep calm and listen to me. Sir, you too", the voice spoke.

"Ok" they replied in unison.
"Ok, my name is Morrison . Chief Deputy here. We got the help, we got all the equipment we needed but there's a problem."

She opened her mouth to speak but she heard another female speaking in a computer like voice talking in some foreign language.

Vanessa realized that it's the language the man, she's holding onto speaks.

After the woman was finished, Vanessa spoke,"What is it?", her voice shook slightly.

"If we try to move the rocks, there's a possibility that it'll cut the rope and those rocks will---drop on you both".
Again the female voice spoke in the foreign language.

Vanessa's eyes widened at the response.

The ravenette let out a shout which she didn't understand but can say that it might be a curse.

"And I want you to note that those rocks are very big. They're big boulders".
'No shit, Sherlock', she thought.

"So it'll take time to remove them without getting you both hurt and you both are our first and main priority. Please don't panic", the chief said calmly.

"Yeah, right", she let out sarcastically not even caring if the people up there could hear her.

"I don't want to get crushed like a freaking tomato, so no thanks. Take your own time. JUST GET US OUT OF HERE", she said the last part loudly for them to hear.

She heard an 'OK' as a response and then some shouts of orders to other people.

She sighed and opened her mouth to ask 'What language is he speaking?'.
She knows that language and she heard it somewhere but she couldn't pin-point with all the cities she has visited.

As she was about to ask,she heard the man let out , "My rope!"
"Huh?"
'Is he talking to me?'

"My rope. Is it break--broken?",he asked gulping.
Her eyes widened in realization.

"Oh wait. I got it"
"No I'll do it."
She sighed in defeat and let out an 'okay'.

The guy brought his hand up to her waist and tried to squeeze in between their bodies.
Her cheeks tinted pink and felt a jolt in her body.

"W-Wait I'll d-do it", she whispered to him.

He removed his hand, must've understood as he mumbled a small 'sorry' to her.

She brought her left hand in between their bodies and blew out a shaky breath and squeezed her hand.

Her face felt hot when she felt his lower torso, praying that she would find the rope quickly. Soon, she felt the rope around the guy's waist and squeezed it back outside.

Vanessa quickly wrapped the rope around their torsos tightly by bringing the rope from her right and his left shoulder to their waists and her left and his right shoulders to the other side of their waists and put a knot with the help of 'figure 8'.

They both released the breath they are holding when she finished.

Relaxing their shoulders, they dropped their heads on each other's shoulders.

He dragged his other leg on the hill, which is not tangled with one of her's, and adjusted it even more comfortably.

A few moments later, her eyes blew open. Letting out a nervous chuckle she said, "You're um....excited".

She may not see his expression but she felt that he's flustered at the moment.

                       ✰✰✰

I know, the readers must be confused as to why the book's title name is "On" Air, 'cause it should be "In Air" and you'll understand why I did that in the next chapter.