Chapter 8: Port Angeles

"I have never seen someone drive so fast in my life, other than Edward." I muttered under my breath when Jessica finally parked. I was out of breath and I wasn't even the one driving. We had made it to Port Angeles by four thanks to Jessica's outrageously fast driving. During the ride we talked about the boys we've been hanging out with, and when it finally got to my turn I just passed because I knew I couldn't tell them about Alec or Embry. I could possibly about Embry but still decided against it. Jessica also had told us about her date with Mike how she's hoping by Saturday night they will have progressed to the first-kiss stage. I was happy for them but didn't show it. I wasn't really a fan of either of them but they are still pretty good people now and then.

Angela was excited about going to the dance just, not with Eric. I wanted to go to the dance but then who would I go with? No one most likely since I won't be going anyway. Now I've hardly ever been to Port Angeles but I was told by Bella that it was a beautiful little tourist trap, much more polished and quaint than Forks. Luckily 2/3 girls new more about it than me and Bella. So Jessica has driven us to a big department store in town. The dance was billed as semiformal, I think is what it was, and we weren't exactly sure what that had meant. I was way to lost in my thoughts to even notice what the others around me were saying. My mind was....elsewhere. You can thank Alec for that. We had talked last night more about my biological parents and who they might be. But, we are still clueless about it.

"Didn't you ever go with a boyfriend or something?" Jessica asked dubiously as we walked through the front doors of the store. "Really," Bella said sounding convincing. "I've never had a boyfriend or anything close. I didn't go out much." "What are they talking about?" I whispered to Angela. She looked at me confused and then nodded her head as if understanding something. "How your sister has never been to a dance in Phoenix." Replies Angela. She pushed her glasses back to the bridge of her nose as we continued to browse the clothing. "Why not?" Jessica questioningly demanded. "No one asked me," Bella replies honesty. Jessica looked skeptical about my sister's answer. "People ask you out here," she reminded Bella, "and you tell them no. Alyssa also refuses anyone who asks her." We had now made it to the juniors section and when we did I saw this dress that I loved. I showed Jessica and she told me to go try it on, and that's what I did.

I came out of the dressing room to show the girls, and I could tell by their faces that they loved it too. "What do you think?" I asked. Based on their reactions when I first came out I could probably guess what they're going to say. "Oh my god! You so have to get that. That looks gorgeous on you!" Said Jessica giggling. I checked the price tag and my face dropped. "What is it?" Bella asks. "It's not on clearance, making it $400." I said with a sigh. Of course something that I wanted and that fits me, is out of my price range. "Oh." Was all Bella said. I went back into the changing room and got back into my regular clothes. I walked out to find the girls talking.

"Is it normal for the. . .Cullens," Bella looked down at her shoes, "to be out of school a lot?" "Yes, when the weather is good they all go backpacking all the time - even the doctor. They're all real outdoorsy," Angela said then examined her own shoes. 'More like trying not to be caught being vampires' I thought. Angela didn't ask any questions, which I could tell Bella was relieved about. "Oh." Bella said and I noticed she let the subject drop. Shopping didn't take long as we all thought it would. I did however find a pair of shoes that I liked, jogging shoes! And I bought them without hesitation. We had planned to go to dinner at a little Italian restaurant on the boardwalk, but since it was still a bit early Jess and Angela would bring their clothes back to the car, then walk down to the bay. Bella told the girls that we would meet up in an hour, to go look for a bookstore, and that I was to come with her, but against my own will.

Surprisingly they were willing to come along which, would've been great until Bells told them to go have fun. So, yay! Do you notice my sarcasm? They walked away, and then Bella dragged me with her to find the bookstore. We soon found the bookstore but, apparently Bella was hoping for another one since we kept walking. I had told her that this might be the only bookstore in town but, she was so determined to keep going. So, that's what we did, we kept going. I did send Edward a mental picture of where we were every few minutes, just so he wouldn't worry because I know he is. Bella and I walking alone at night isn't great ecspecially when we could lose ourselves so easily. "Bella come on, I'm being serious. We should just head back to that other bookstore, that's probably the only one around. And if you take a look around all I see are warehouses and old buildings." I said gesturing around me. Bella turned to look at me but still kept walking as she spoke. "Well I'm the oldest so what I say goes. And if I say we keep going until we find a normal bookstore, we keep going."